Model Cars Magazine Forum

32 Traditional Rod

Fuel Coupe

Yeesh Shane, your a MONSTER when it comes to that detailing stuff! I KNEW this bad boy would be JUST as sharp as usual, and I wasn't wrong. Your builds are so far out there,I just wanna stick the keys in 'em an drive 'em away( yeah that's right, bein from Deeetroit, I'd just take 'em for a "spin" :lol: ) The green is wicked lookin,and I know the ride will be JUST as wicked! Great job,Daddy-O, that ride can sure cut some ice with me!!! :blink::P

I really appreciate all the comments guys. Im no Mr Obsessive by any means. Im just trying to scratch out a few heaps. I blame it all my good friend Matt LeBlanc for getting me back to bench... :lol:

Edited by TxRat

I really appreciate all the comments guys. Im no Mr Obsessive by any means. Im just trying to scratch out a few heaps. I blame it all my good friend Matt LeBlanc for getting back to bench... :lol:

:lol::lol::P Thanks Matt!!! :P:P:P

Thats just amazing. I am new to this site so I am learning all the time. I had been thinking 'would fishing line make good hoses and wires?' (I am a fisherman) yours is the first build I have seen using it (I am VERY new to the site sorry if this is an old trick every one uses, new to me).

Along the lines of the fishing line trick I have also been thinking about trying some braided fishing line (like Power Pro) to simulate wire looms and what not due to is slightly textured surface.

Like I say though, great job, Can't wait to see that green once its sprayed.

• 1 month later...

well its been a while, With Di$ney out of the way and finally getting caught up on the OT rotation at work (whoever said we are in a recession should look at the OT roster at my plant ;) )

I landed on my long change off and should be able to get a little done

so, Here's the radiator I built so it can be seen through and has tubes as well.

DSC_2472.jpg

DSC_2473.jpg

DSC_2480.jpg

DSC_2478.jpg

Necessity is the mother of invention Sooo Ive decided to try my hand at casting a set of spider caps, I haven't found anybody that offers them in a ford "big" pattern. Maybe Norm does but I didnt see them..

Anyway I'm going to give it a shot and see how they turn out. Here's my master

DSC_2476.jpg

still have some clean up to do.

Hey!!!! Is this thing on.... :D

Anyway here are the spider caps I cast and this by the way was my first attempt at casting parts. It was a bit hit and miss but they turned out OK. The biggest problem I had was air bubbles but with a dental pick I was able to remedy that problem...

DSC_2482.jpg

DSC_2481.jpg

Tell me what you think...

I would like to think theres more than just a couple of people looking right?? ;)

i see some details you didn't mention or show that you did B) nice job on the cowl vent and the floor and rear bulkhead!

the "Bleed" sweep is cool and for some reason now it's obvious as to why it's a nice way to go over common "Z"ing of the frame. i think i'll have to give it a try on a future project.

my brother in law will tell you that the green paint is "Money Baby"! very nice color, very nice.

Dave

Thanks Guys

Yea I always leave a few for discerning eyes to find. How did I guess it would be you that found them :D

By the way did you figure out that the firewall was scratch built and not the one I got from you. It was too small as it fits the switchers body better than the Revell body

B) awhile back i said those headers too looked like the ones on Eric Von Mindens coupe but i was wrong! is it the Circle City coupe that you build them similar too?

i've used two of those stock firewalls on the '32 3-windows and thought they fit okay. the problem i have is that it limits engine placement too much for how i build them. i still prefer the kit supplied firewall most often.

Dave

Jimmy White is a God. yes they are circle city influenced.

Maybe it was just me but the firewall seemed too narrow. it fits fine in the MPC body. I had to cut a pretty deep relief in the firewall I built to accommodate the the channel and the BOP transmission but it worked...

Thanks everyone. I hope to have it wrapped up soon and get back on the dart.

Shane-

That thing is great. I like all of your work on this. I really like the work on your spider caps. Wanna cast a set for me?? LMK.

Later-

I am tooling up to make a small run on them, if you are interested contact me via email and we can work out the details...