Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

My 1977 plymouth volare

robo37

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2024 at 12:25 AM, michelle said:

Nice work 
I know I would love to get a couple of these one to build as a roadrunner with t-tops and one to make into a 77 dodge aspen rt with t-tops

Thank you and you know what that is a great ideal I like how you think on them 

On 5/15/2024 at 7:24 AM, ncbuckeye67 said:

That's awesome! My friend's mom used to take us to school in her Volare'. It was tan like the front filler panel on your build.

Thank you and thats really cool and great memories also  

• Like 1

On 5/15/2024 at 11:57 AM, espo said:

Great looking "Petty Blue" color. The interior color looks good. Always liked the factory Rally Wheels on these cars. 

Thank you I thought petty blue would great on it same here I like the rallys to 

Great Volare!   

The last version of the Volare was a 1980 model and was out not all that long ago.  As the mold exists, we may see it again. Unfortunately the mold was updated from the 1977 era car we'd rather see.  

It's interesting that there is interest now in this kit.  Back in the late 1980s when I got back to the hobby, you couldn't give that kit away!  I was buying them to pilfer the Suburbanite snow tires for my light truck builds.  I was paying $5 a car!  Then eBay came around and I sold some of them for $10-20 each and thought I had beat the market!