Model Cars Magazine Forum

49 MERC

Tom Kren

OK This is where it started Don from Modelhaus saw this in a Rod and Custom and said he had to do a body up .There are two pics this one you see and another with the Buick side trim. So I put them together and came out with the model you see. Risto saw the artist at a show in Finland and told him about the body and I Guess he thought it was cool He also was nice enough to get me a print to go with it which will be framed and hung! Thank you Risto!!!

DSC00017-vi.jpg

OK This is where it started Don from Modelhaus saw this in a Rod and Custom and said he had to do a body up .There are two pics this one you see and another with the Buick side trim. So I put them together and came out with the model you see. Risto saw the artist at a show in Finland and told him about the body and I Guess he thought it was cool He also was nice enough to get me a print to go with it which will be framed and hung! Thank you Risto!!!

DSC00017-vi.jpg

Well, Thanks to You I learned about the resin grille and body!! I would still be scratching those parts myself, if You hadn't posted pics of them.

Your '50 Buick/Merc/Linc hybrid looks fabulous!! I hope mine will look half as decent,when it's done. I'd love to include several ideas from Janne's drawings into this, which will delay it for a long time. If any of You guys like neat designs, please check out Janne's web page @ www.jannekutja.com . He has got quite a collection of car designs he has created over the years. I wish some of those cars could be obtained as plastic models. I'd post pics of some, but haven't learned how to add them to this site. Thanks again Tom !!!

That '50 Buford grille looks killer- first time I've ever seen it on anything other than it's original application in small or full scale. Use of the Buick hood was a nice touch, as well. Hope you're proud of what you pulled off- you SHOULD be! Love it!

Edited by Chuck Most

• 1 month later...
Cool Merc/Buick...! I've been wondering since I got the Revell kit, are there two versions; one with the Buick sidetrim, and one without, or have I got my wires crossed....? :o

Nah same versions just the original has a huge box . Replicas and Minatures of Maryland makes the Buick side trim for the Merc. So it's not included in the kit in either packaging. I'm not sure but with this modelhaus version I think the Buick side trim may already be molded into the body. Tom can tell you for sure but I'm pretty sure thats correct. As a side note Reps and Mins makes lots of other cool stuff for the Revell Merc. Caddy batwing air cleaner, dash and knobs, interior door handles, nicer frenched tailights etc. etc. And if you've never used their stuff it's awesome and super easy to work with. Oh well now that I sound like an infomercial... :o

:o BTW I'm pretty sure I told you in person at NNL East how nice it was but once again very nice Merc build there Tom.