Model Cars Magazine Forum

MCM May/June showed up today!

Here comes another "got mine" frenzy!

I usually flip through real quick and then when everyone leaves me alone I will sit down and read. Well I flipped through this time to find the article by Brad Leisure on the '60 Starliner and Super Bee kits. I sat here and read it all the way through. I just wanted to say that's one of the more enjoyable articles I have read in awhile. It was almost like him sitting here telling me about it. Very well done! (not to mention I love REAL box art!)

It's a great issue! I won't spoil it for anyone......GO GET ONE HURRY!

Oh man Bob, ya hadta go an start it ,dintcha? Now Harry's gonna start caz he's always the LAST one ta get his!

Yup. Now that the first ones have arrived, I figure I'll be seeing mine in about 2 weeks... :blink:

I guess that's the price I pay for living in a small backwater one-horse town like Chicago... :rolleyes:

Yup. Now that the first ones have arrived, I figure I'll be seeing mine in about 2 weeks... :blink:

I guess that's the price I pay for living in a small backwater one-horse town like Chicago... :rolleyes:

Gee Harry

I Live in the town that was the starting point ofr the Pony Express route.. You would think they would get here fiorst...LOL.

I haven't seen mine in the Mailbox either.

Yup. Now that the first ones have arrived, I figure I'll be seeing mine in about 2 weeks... :rolleyes:

I guess that's the price I pay for living in a small backwater one-horse town like Chicago... :D

Nobody is forcing you to be a Pennyhead......... :D:rolleyes:;)

Dwayne, it's NOT delivered by P.E. It's brought over by some lil Hawaiian dude, with BIG ARMS in one of them outrigger canoe thingies! THAT'S why we were gettin 'em so weird. I'm THINKIN Gregg mighta got the lil hawaiian dude a GPS, cas they really have been comin on time as of late. Gee ,technology, ain't it grand? :rolleyes:

Yup. Now that the first ones have arrived, I figure I'll be seeing mine in about 2 weeks... :rolleyes:

I guess that's the price I pay for living in a small backwater one-horse town like Chicago... :D

Dwayne, it's NOT delivered by P.E. It's brought over by some lil Hawaiian dude, with BIG ARMS in one of them outrigger canoe thingies! THAT'S why we were gettin 'em so weird. I'm THINKIN Gregg mighta got the lil hawaiian dude a GPS, cas they really have been comin on time as of late. Gee ,technology, ain't it grand? ;)

That explains why it takes a week and 5 days to get it in New England and 2 full weeks to Chi Town .. the poor dude has to keep paddling up the Erie Canal into the Great Lakes! Then 2 weeks back and start again. At least Gregg is efficient with time management. Someone send Gregg a 747 Model and maybe he'll see how technology has advanced since his Pony Express days. :D

I want my, I want my, I want my MCM!!

Edited by Foxer

I live in the land of cheese and I've never heard that either. Pennyhead maybe refers to the Lincoln head on it? I saw the issue at my LHS today. Loved the steam shovel article and the double kit with the Heller/AMT connection. I have the Heller version of the Alpine which is on the workbench now and I wish I had the Gordini.

I agree that it is an excellent issue.

I got mine yesterday (5/15/09) in sunny downtown Perth Western Australia and, as always, in excellent condition. :P

So the canoe guy is still paddling thru the Panama Canal to the East Coast and the Aussies get an outboard motor on their Canoe Delivery???

Guest promodmerc

All the rain we are having in the Midwest must be pushing his canoe back down stream. I haven't received mine yet as well.

ok... when a subscriber halfway around the world in Perth already has his, ans a subscriber smack dab in the middle of the good old US of A still doesn't have his, there is something seriously wrong with this picture!!!

:blink:

Maybe if I move to Indonesia or Nepal I'd get it sooner??? :)

I live in the land of cheese and I've never heard that either. Pennyhead maybe refers to the Lincoln head on it?

Yep it started years ago .....The steady stream of pennyheads going North on I94....Up NORT....on our TOLL FREE road

And if you really remember...."After further review...Ditka still sucks"....The only banned T shirt in Packer history!!(still got mine)

Edited by MikeMc

ok... when a subscriber halfway around the world in Perth already has his, ans a subscriber smack dab in the middle of the good old US of A still doesn't have his, there is something seriously wrong with this picture!!!

:lol:

Maybe if I move to Indonesia or Nepal I'd get it sooner??? :blink:

Actually, Australia is closer to Hawaii than Chicago, though I don't know where the mailing really originates from. :)

Actually, Australia is closer to Hawaii than Chicago, though I don't know where the mailing really originates from. :)

The magazine is printed in and mailed from Denver. That's a heck of a lot closer to Illinois than it is to Australia!!! :blink:

Wow. So if I ordered the subscription I technically "SHOULD" have it instantly! LOL!

Not sure I want to though, I picked up the last two issues and found'em some what dull. Interesting reads, but they didn't feature cars of my likeing. Oh well, still a cool magazine..............

I was impressed with the build of the carbon-clad Ferrari FXX, that was awesome!

Edited by FujimiLover

The magazine is printed in and mailed from Denver. That's a heck of a lot closer to Illinois than it is to Australia!!! :)

NOW I'm REALLY ticked off!!!!!!!!!! :blink::lol: hehe

Wow. So if I ordered the subscription I technically "SHOULD" have it instantly! LOL!

Not sure I want to though, I picked up the last two issues and found'em some what dull. Interesting reads, but they didn't feature cars of my likeing. Oh well, still a cool magazine..............

I was impressed with the build of the carbon-clad Ferrari FXX, that was awesome!

I doubt you'll ever find a magazine of JUST the cars you want to see, but that's not the point of any of them. You can see techniques you can use in a Truck only model mag if what you crave is box stock cars from 1921. The magazine is pretty much this forum in print form ... but much shinier. .. and Gregg gets to wield his power completely! :)

Oh I know that. It does have great tips and how-to's that can help you with your own special cars. It's like any tv show that we like. Some shows have great episodes, and other episodes suck! But overall, great stuff!

If you want your mag that bad, go to your LHS and pick one up, and when you finally receive yours, give the spare to a friend!