Model Cars Magazine Forum

Time Machine Resin

• 10 months later...

I just looked at the seller t.m.resin on Ebay and they have some pretty interesting resin conversions for sale. Dies anyone know what the quality of their product is like? Do they have an on line store or do they just sell on Ebay? They have good feedback and lots of it, but I am wondering how I missed out on seeing their auctions before tonight? Prices seem not bad - just wondering if anyone has had dealings with the outfit...???

With Pay Pal, you either get what you pay for or they refund your money and they go after the seller. He has some offerings that I have not seen in years like the 57 Ford sedan delivery and some really unusual Mopars like the '65 Chrysler. His prices seem to mostly be in the ball park so I may give him a try after New Years. I sure do like that 57 Ford sedan delivery though... it's really calling out to me.. :rolleyes:

Edited by impcon

the problem with paypal guarantees is that a buyer from someone like this might be tempted to deal with him when the part is not forthcoming after being paid for, and the deal will drag on and on. by the time frustration has set in enough to make you want to pull the plug, the transaction may be so far in the past that paypal might not want to deal with it or at least it will lose some credibility as a case of non delivery in a timely manner...because the buyer played along with it for too long. just something to keep in mind. myself, I figure money is gone when it comes to this sort of delay...waiting since 2011 might as well wait the rest of your life, the mold has been cast so to speak.

jb

I myself try and get parts orders back within 1-4 weeks or sooner. Some people do not understand that most of the aftermarketers are single person operations. I try and give the best parts possible, as I got so tired of waiting for parts and when they came it took forever to clean or fix them....lol

Art

http://public.fotki.com/Goodguyinar416/

I myself try and get parts orders back within 1-4 weeks or sooner. Some people do not understand that most of the aftermarketers are single person operations. I try and give the best parts possible, as I got so tired of waiting for parts and when they came it took forever to clean them or fix them....lol

Art

http://public.fotki.com/Goodguyinar416/

Edited by goodguyinar416

I finally got a refund - it was not 100%. I think I paid him $107, and I got back something like $100. And he refunded me by Paypal, so I had to pay fees as well. Still - I'm not complaining - I got the bulk of it back, but I will never order through his website again.

Caveat emptor...

Steve

I ordered a 62 T-bird hdtp, 68 cheville ss 396, and a dyno don pinto for a total of $110,00 back on June 19th, 2011. After a few e-mails, yea he was ill and his dad died in 2012 to date Ive received NOTHING. I asked if he did not want to cast just return the money. He quit answering my requests. So what I feel he is or what I'd like to do can't be posted. So after all is said and done NOBODY should have to wait 2 Years or more for product.

UPDATE,,,UPDATE

Last week I sent Jeff an email regarding my order from April 2013 requesting the ford bodies or a refund. Jeff sent a reply back the next day and stated that he found my order and would ship them out this weekend. I was not convinced it would happen. Today the mailman arrived with a surprise package...Yes the ford bodies are here....insert (HAPPY DANCE)here.

So if your still waiting keep sending Jeff your email request.

As for the Ford bodies the casting are nice.

Edited by GMCMAN52

Who really knows what was going on behind the scenes in his life? Sickness, marriage issues or just too much on his plate may have caused him to fall so far behind. I am glad to hear for everyone's sake that he is trying to make things right. If his product is good, then perhaps he can redeem himself in the eyes of many and attempt to rebuild his reputation. It does seem that the resin caster world has more than it's share of people who may mean well in the beginning but get in over their heads. He is offering some neat stuff on Ebay and when I emailed him a few days ago with a question, I received an honest answer quickly so I'll likely buy from him after the New Year. So far, any resin caster who I have bought from has come through. When Excel was reissuing the Johan kits, I got burned for a considerable sum ( even by todays standards ) and that turned me off of mail order stuff for a long time. It's such a shame that all those molds got swallowed up into some deep, dark sink hole because there were some pretty unique offerings that we'll likely not ever see again.

Whenever I read these stories about guys waiting months or years for the stuff they ordered from some of these places, I always wonder. Would said resin caster or decal maker or other such detail part maker be OK with sending me some parts and then waiting three years for payment? Probably not. But yet I'm supposed to be OK with sending him money and waiting months or years for parts. There is always an excuse but never a quick refund with the excuse.

• 3 weeks later...

Received the last car of my order, now complete. I wish him well. If he wants to get back into casting I'd suggest pre-casting and hitting the road at swap meets and NNL shows. Good Luck To All.

That is where I bought my 68 Chevelle from him . The Toledo NNL. He does nice casting work. Not sure what was going on with his delays but I hope it is all behind him now.

I purchased an item (65 Buick Wildcat) from TMR on eBay recently. Delivery was prompt, quality was good and I got a nice message thanking me for my purchase.

Sorry, posted in error in the fog of a bad day. Apologies to Kevin from Missing Link. You are awesome.

Edited by sfhess