Model Cars Magazine Forum

WORK BENCH SATURDAYS!!

Jared Roach

Hi Niko!

Actually... I bought the kit off of Ebay for $80.00(U.S.) and I believe it is quite old... The contents are typical for older kits... some flash, not a whole bunch though... decals are useless but that's ok, I have big plans for this kit in the near future! There used to be a Vega showcar named "Wild Horse" and I plan on building this close to that... Tubbed out, injected rat motor, the paint on "Wild Horse" was a copper/brownish color, I plan on going black with candy blue flames, maybe candy green with silver tips, we'll see!

What would it take to pry that 75 Road Runner out of your hands?

I never planned on letting this go to be honest. It's not in good shape anymore either. I bought this at Good Guys years ago and built it before I was in any clubs and knew how hard it is to get. I wanted to make a replica of my 76 Fury 2 door sport that I owned. This car got destroyed due to an idiot and I have been slowly getting the right parts to restore. The bad: is the pillars between the front and side windows is broke and needs replaces. The body does need bondo work on the roof. I have the headlights and grille but the taillights broke. Thanks to some guys on here I have Force 440 frames and interior bucket and hood.

The good is that I never shaved off the Roadrunner logos on the sides. I planned on getting some of the conversions you promoted for Coronet conversions for the Fury and maybe restoring this as a Roadrunner.

I never planned on letting this go to be honest. It's not in good shape anymore either. I bought this at Good Guys years ago and built it before I was in any clubs and knew how hard it is to get. I wanted to make a replica of my 76 Fury 2 door sport that I owned. This car got destroyed due to an idiot and I have been slowly getting the right parts to restore. The bad: is the pillars between the front and side windows is broke and needs replaces. The body does need bondo work on the roof. I have the headlights and grille but the taillights broke. Thanks to some guys on here I have Force 440 frames and interior bucket and hood.

The good is that I never shaved off the Roadrunner logos on the sides. I planned on getting some of the conversions you promoted for Coronet conversions for the Fury and maybe restoring this as a Roadrunner.

Contact Kevin at Missing Link for the front Bumper, Those taillights on the other hand That sounds like a scratch build project, Or if you can find a junker with those parts in good shape. I'm an oddball for some reason, I like these cars alot, and just to give you a heads up,Everything from the DOH Police car will work to make this with a bench seat, You just have to trim the tub where the front doors locate .

Contact Kevin at Missing Link for the front Bumper, Those taillights on the other hand That sounds like a scratch build project, Or if you can find a junker with those parts in good shape. I'm an oddball for some reason, I like these cars alot, and just to give you a heads up,Everything from the DOH Police car will work to make this with a bench seat, You just have to trim the tub where the front doors locate .

Your not the only one. I've been called odd and have recieved a lot of weird looks for saying this is my dream car. I miss my Fury so much. I'm glad I'm not alone in my love for this kind of car.

Your not the only one. I've been called odd and have recieved a lot of weird looks for saying this is my dream car. I miss my Fury so much. I'm glad I'm not alone in my love for this kind of car.

Don't worry you're not alone. I had a 1:1 78 Dodge Monaco. It was a retired Ne. State Patrol car. ( yeh they used 2 doors ) Had to sell it with 3 teenage kids, and gas milage at about 9 mpg. I couldn't afford it. Sure do miss that car. Always looking for a 1/25 scale model, not much luck.

Don't worry you're not alone. I had a 1:1 78 Dodge Monaco. It was a retired Ne. State Patrol car. ( yeh they used 2 doors ) Had to sell it with 3 teenage kids, and gas milage at about 9 mpg. I couldn't afford it. Sure do miss that car. Always looking for a 1/25 scale model, not much luck.

What was the color combo on this car? I have been wanting to build one of those, And have only been able to find one photo of the real car . I'll post some photos of what i'm working one right now, I may not get it painted for a bit, It's nice and cold here now!

Heres the 76 Fury 4-door i'm working on right now, and the Car Lot in the background are just a few I need to finish :lol:That Body is the new 76 Fury Conversion kit that I got, It comes with the Body,Grill,Headlights and correct front bumper,The back bumper is from the 77 Monaco with the taillight area cut out to put the taillights in from behind just like the real cars were 75-76 Furys and Coronets were more sunk in, The 77-78 Fury and Monaco were more flush with the back bumper .fury761.jpgfury762.jpgfury763.jpgfury764.jpgfury765.jpg

Edited by spkgibson

Very interesting, Steve. Who makes the conversion kit?

Charlie Larkin

Missing Link Resin Casters, It's the full body with the front molded in and all the Chrome parts, Including the CORRECT stock wheel covers , They are a little over $40 plus shipping,But they are worth the money, I got 4 Copys of the kit, Because I made the master for it . Kevin is a great person and looks out for his customers , I also have one already painted "INCA GOLD" That I am making into a 75 Coronet.

I know its not saturday, but this is what it is going to look like on saturday, since I am going to work all weekend.

11251601.jpg

The green BMW is a kit I did a while back, its on here somewhere I just cant find it. and that is a Ferrari 612 Scaglietti, that is going to become a donor car for parts.

Here are my work station buddies.

11231223b.jpg

Missing Link Resin Casters, It's the full body with the front molded in and all the Chrome parts, Including the CORRECT stock wheel covers , They are a little over $40 plus shipping,But they are worth the money, I got 4 Copys of the kit, Because I made the master for it . Kevin is a great person and looks out for his customers , I also have one already painted "INCA GOLD" That I am making into a 75 Coronet.

Here is the 75 Coronet I'm working on .76DodgeCoronet1.jpg76DodgeCoronet2.jpg76DodgeCoronet3.jpg76DodgeCoronet4.jpg

What was the color combo on this car? I have been wanting to build one of those, And have only been able to find one photo of the real car . I'll post some photos of what i'm working one right now, I may not get it painted for a bit, It's nice and cold here now!

All of Nebraska's cars back then were white. The enterior on the one that i had was a medium blue color. They were all 2 door models. I had some old pictures of the car somewhere but have not been able to find them. Hope this helps.

All of Nebraska's cars back then were white. The enterior on the one that i had was a medium blue color. They were all 2 door models. I had some old pictures of the car somewhere but have not been able to find them. Hope this helps.

Ok thanks, As soon as I can find the decals to make one, I'll get started on it, And if your looking for a 77-78 Monaco 2 door kit, Model Empire has the 77 for $49 plus shipping which is $7 they are both the same cars .

Ok thanks, As soon as I can find the decals to make one, I'll get started on it, And if your looking for a 77-78 Monaco 2 door kit, Model Empire has the 77 for $49 plus shipping which is $7 they are both the same cars .

thanks for the tip on the model.It's not going to happen right now. Had hip replacement surgery 2 weeks ago, and will be laid up for 10 more weeks. My modeling budget has been suspended till i get back to work.

As far as decals go, if you are looking for Ne State Patrol decals, you may have to create them from pictures. I never could find any. But hey, good luck with your project. And when you get it started post pics we'd love to see it in progress.

ill call this one the slump buster, AMT 72 GTO, what a piece of junk, fitments issues, etc...im sure you all know....i started this one about 2 years ago and threw it back in the box due to all the issues with it, drug it out today and decided it would make a good curbside to get me back to wanting to build so here she is...

2010-11-27160945.jpg

2010-11-27161054.jpg

2010-11-27161026.jpg

2010-11-27161040.jpg

2010-11-27161101.jpg

Been awhile since I've posted my workbench. So being Saturday here's my mess. Parts from a Mustang GT, Ferrari 612, '04 Impala S/O car, '91 F-350 and '66 Impala SS all on there. You can probably see this...

149683_469935450698_543060698_5587244_3364163_n.jpg

Unfortunately all I see when I look at it is this... :lol::o:blink:

5212180257_6426f0c738_b.jpg

Hopefully somebody is NOT loosing the hobby room :lol: Congrats?

Hopefully somebody is NOT loosing the hobby room ;) Congrats?

No, no, my hobby area is in the basement, and I have a 3rd unused bedroom that I had been toying on cleaning out and making into my office, but I guess it still needs to be cleaned out for a different reason. If I wait 9 years I can get a bedroom back when the oldest ones leaves...she will leave...right? ;)B)