Model Cars Magazine Forum

Corvette Limousine. Update 11-11-13 New pictures...

Custom Hearse

Marshall, I have to admit that when I saw your first post on this build, I wasn't too interested in it (no offense, I hope), but now that I see it progressing, I really like it! The interior details are great! This will be a cool model to display and show off those details! Nice work!

Sam

Not a problem Sam! People have different tastes in cars, and that's cool with me. I'm glad you like the way it's turning out though... Thanks for the great compliments!

Marshall, it's coming along nicely! See how much better it looks with that opening between the driver and the passengers. I'm a little concerned about that rescribed front doorline. You have all these swept back styling elements with the roof, then this new doorline that goes the other way. I can understand why you did it, but to me, it looks strange, wrong. It bothered me the instant I saw it, so please go back to the stock doorline. OK.....?

QUOTE(Modellpularn @ Dec 2 2009, 11:57 PM) Marshall, it's coming along nicely! See how much better it looks with that opening between the driver and the passengers. I'm a little concerned about that rescribed front doorline. You have all these swept back styling elements with the roof, then this new doorline that goes the other way. I can understand why you did it, but to me, it looks strange, wrong. It bothered me the instant I saw it, so please go back to the stock doorline. OK.....?

I would, but the stock doorline goes in the wrong direction... Here's a pic of the stock doorline with the new doorline...

In the closeup, the front of the car is to the left, and the old line curves towards the front. The reason it did that was because the front door and the rear door were right next to each other. Since I stretched the body, the doors were no longer against each other and it made the front door look really strange, and the length of the door looked too short. Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm gonna leave it like this.

Edited by Custom Hearse

I got a phone call from the hostess at the party... She wants the lamp shade back... :D:huh::lol::lol::lol:

I'll have to give her a call cause I don't remember where she lives, and the lampshade matched my shoes really well (darn):lol: :lol: I love the little rack and bottles that you made !!! Their going to look awesome inside of it ;) . Will the fridge be open-able or not ?

Edited by vizio93

I'll have to give her a call cause I don't remember where she lives, and the lampshade matched my shoes really well (darn) :);) I love the little rack and bottles that you made !!! Their going to look awesome inside of it :D . Will the fridge be open-able or not ?

Please hurry up and call her... She's holding my cat for ransom!!! :o:lol:

Thanks! I had fun making the rack out of sheet plastic and imagination! :huh:

I doubt I'll make the door able to open and close... After I finish it, It would take some work to show it works...

Well... My days off are up, so I'll have to do updates on the fly, but I will get some work done on this. Last night I just did some body putty work on it... About as exciting as watching... well, putty dry... :lol: I'm thinking of doing a little custom work on the headlights and taillights... Stay tuned...

Here's an update... I decided to add a custom taillight to the limo. I got the taillight from a Monogram SS hatchback Corvette kit, that is a re-pop of the Tom Daniels California Vette kit. I carved out the back pice with a Dremel tool. I then filed and shaped the hole and got the taillight fitted. All I'll have to do now is add some putty to cover a small spot on each side where the original holes were...

Let me know what you think...

More later!

Edited by Custom Hearse

I have to comment on the door scribe line. Scribe a line that follows the slant of the targa bar all the way to the rocker panel. Just a straight slanted line, no curve to it.

Uhhh... Nope. Sorry folks. Body work is now finished and ready for primer! :lol: Thanks for the suggestions though...

Please hurry up and call her... She's holding my cat for ransom!!! :o:lol:

O.K. i'll give it back, but your taking it back because it's your cat and your the one that kept puttin' the lamp shade on my head :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I think that the limo would look good with a little spoiler in the back like this one :

old_limo_8.jpg

QUOTE(vizio93 @ Dec 4 2009, 03:44 PM) O.K. i'll give it back, but your taking it back because it's your cat and your the one that kept puttin' the lamp shade on my head laugh.giflaugh.gif

I think that the limo would look good with a little spoiler in the back like this one :

Hmmm... I don't see a spoiler, but I do see a TV antenna. laugh.gif

Uh nope, uh uh, sorry, no can do... The cats pissed. She said that you have to personally bring it back, and then she'll hand you the cat... Don't worry though, when you get the cat back here, I'll let you use the First Aid kit I bought... Why, it even comes with a needle and thread, so you can stitch yourself up... And believe me, you will need it!!! rolleyes.giflaugh.gif

Edited by Custom Hearse

Hmmm... I don't see a spoiler, but I do see a TV antenna. :D

Uh nope, uh uh, sorry, no can do... The cats pissed. She said that you have to personally bring it back, and then she'll hand you the cat... Don't worry though, when you get the cat back here, I'll let you use the First Aid kit I bought... Why, it even comes with a needle and thread, so you can stitch yourself up... And believe me, you will need it!!! :lol:;)

Oh yeah it's a TV antenna :D . I think one of those would look good on it. :D

Alright i'll bring the lampshade back to her house, but you have to drive the limo. Then when I come back out of the house you roll down the back window and i'll toss the cat in, but this time make sure the window that separates the front seats from the back seats is closed (We don't want a repeat of last time ;) ;) ) . Roll the window up and then i'll jump into shotgun and you floor it. How's that sound ??? :lol:

Marshall, those lights just look "right" on the back of that Vette! I really like them and I have enjoyed watching you put this thing together! Keep goin' buddy!

Thanks Ed!!! That's really cool of you to say! I'm getting her done, and appreciating support I'm getting from all of you guy's and gal. Thanks!!!

Oh yeah it's a TV antenna :rolleyes: . I think one of those would look good on it. :D

Alright i'll bring the lampshade back to her house, but you have to drive the limo. Then when I come back out of the house you roll down the back window and i'll toss the cat in, but this time make sure the window that separates the front seats from the back seats is closed (We don't want a repeat of last time :lol::lol: ) . Roll the window up and then i'll jump into shotgun and you floor it. How's that sound ??? :lol:

That didn't work last time either though... Did the hair the cat took off ya ever grow ba... Oh never mind... NOW I remember why I put the lampshade on your head in the first place... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

That didn't work last time either though... Did the hair the cat took off ya ever grow ba... Oh never mind... NOW I remember why I put the lampshade on your head in the first place... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I thought you said you wern't going to bring that up again !!! :rolleyes::lol: . Did you ever give the hostess back her drapes that you were wearing like a toga ??? Yeah you thought I didn't see were you cut out a hole in them for your head, then threw them in your car !!! :D Guess who I'm telling :lol: :lol: :lol:

I thought you said you wern't going to bring that up again !!! :rolleyes::lol: . Did you ever give the hostess back her drapes that you were wearing like a toga ??? Yeah you thought I didn't see were you cut out a hole in them for your head, then threw them in your car !!! :lol: Guess who I'm telling :lol::lol::lol:

Um... uh... wha? The drapes, what drapes? I didn't see any drapes...

I am so busted now...

:lol::lol::lol:

oh my oh my 10 pound cat, ticked off hostess and two men who are the only one's that know the true details... hmmmm smells like a reality tv show to me!

oh after seeing those pictures what do you think about painting it pink?

*grins*

oh my oh my 10 pound cat, ticked off hostess and two men who are the only one's that know the true details... hmmmm smells like a reality tv show to me!

Yeah... we could call it "There's gotta be something else to watch" show! :rolleyes::lol::lol::lol::lol:

oh after seeing those pictures what do you think about painting it pink?

*grins*

AHHHHGGGGHHHH!!!

Edited by Custom Hearse