Model Cars Magazine Forum

Corvette Limousine. Update 11-11-13 New pictures...

Custom Hearse

Even though it would be mostly fiberglass a real vehicle like that would probably need a 454 to deliver the expected 'Vette performance. Now if you could get ahold of a dual-quad 427... hoo boy!

That's a great idea! I have several Monogram 427's laying around somewhere, I'll see what I can come up with. Thanks... This old mind is not what it used to be... :blink:

update for today...

I added sheet plastic to the floor to finish the console. When I finish up the interior, I'll finish shaping it and the paint. I'm thinking the finish colors will be candy apple red, with a white interior...

Anywho, on with the pics...

Hope ya like! More later...

Edited by Custom Hearse

Love the updates !!! I have been out of town all week, so when I got back I had to take a look at how far you've come :) . Nice job man, I personally would go with the 454 than the 350. The interior looks really good too, but where's that bar ?????

:lol::lol:

ShOrrY Billy, bUt iis havta oRdeR moyr lIqukor fer de bar... U misshed oNe HEcK of uh Thansgivaway party!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I suppose you know this, but that divider wall needs an opening, or a window towards the passenger compartment. That opening in a real limo has both a window glass, or a blank panel. So either you see what the customers are doing, or you don't...... B) One time I drove a young girl and an older man around. Stretched Caddy. Add some sparkling wine and a X-rated movie.... He could control that blank panel from the rear. It went up, like goodnight. Then it started.... All I could hear was a rythmic squeaking from the leather seats for a few minutes, then quiet for a while, then it started again. Hmmm. Then the panel came down, and they looked like innocent school children. Yeah right..... One story told.

I suppose you know this, but that divider wall needs an opening, or a window towards the passenger compartment. That opening in a real limo has both a window glass, or a blank panel. So either you see what the customers are doing, or you don't...... B) One time I drove a young girl and an older man around. Stretched Caddy. Add some sparkling wine and a X-rated movie.... He could control that blank panel from the rear. It went up, like goodnight. Then it started.... All I could hear was a rythmic squeaking from the leather seats for a few minutes, then quiet for a while, then it started again. Hmmm. Then the panel came down, and they looked like innocent school children. Yeah right..... One story told.

I have to admit... I did the same thing with a girlfriend in a limo... 10.gif:)

I was thinking about a divider window, but if it is a private limo, it wouldn't need it. More than likely I will make it a private limo...

Thanks for the story! :lol:

Even if you make it as a private limo, I still think you should have the divider window. It's much nicer to be able to talk with the driver every now and then. And if you want privacy, just raise that blank panel. That's my thought, as a former limo driver. I have met Tom Jones, Hall & Oates, Gloria Estefan, Bonnie Tyler, Björn Borg, U2 and a few others, Black Crowes, could have met ZZ Top.... some other bozos got to drive them. And I know friends with hot rods.....

Even if you make it as a private limo, I still think you should have the divider window. It's much nicer to be able to talk with the driver every now and then. And if you want privacy, just raise that blank panel. That's my thought, as a former limo driver. I have met Tom Jones, Hall & Oates, Gloria Estefan, Bonnie Tyler, Björn Borg, U2 and a few others, Black Crowes, could have met ZZ Top.... some other bozos got to drive them. And I know friends with hot rods.....

I may add an open window so that it'll have some more light coming into the passenger cabin... I still need to cut open the side windows on the stretch.

Bonnie Tyler would've been on I would liked to have met. I thought she was the hottest woman I'd ever seen back in the 80's! Bummer about ZZ Top...

Yep that was me !!!! :lol: . Can't wait to see the updates :D

I got a phone call from the hostess at the party... She wants the lamp shade back... :P:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I got a lot done, including scratch building the bar. When it's done, the drinks are on me... Although as small as the bottles are, I don't think you'll get much... :huh::lol:

I'll post updates tomorrow, it's time for me to hit the hay...

10.gif

I got the windows cut out and started building the wet bar fir the interior...

Here the liquor bottles painted up...

And the scratch built wine rack...

I cut out a window in the divider as Hans suggested. I'll add some clear sheet plastic later...

And I got the side windows cut out on the body...

Started making a refrigerator for food, beer, and cola...

Hope you like!

Edited by Custom Hearse

This is looking really good.....the bar and wine bottles is a great touch. The roof looks great, I like the tee tops over the front and back too....this is coming along great...keep it up.

Thanks Peter! I've got all night to work on it, so I'll have another update tomorrow. Thanks again!!!

woah that is fantastic! I have been lacking checking the updates. I like the bar (of course I would) LOL.

are you going to have those running lights on the inside?

Hmmm... Lights? I could tell you, but then I'd have to whip you with a wet noodle!!! :lol: Thanks Lyn, this build wouldn't have been possible without your generosity! :P;):)

Marshall, I have to admit that when I saw your first post on this build, I wasn't too interested in it (no offense, I hope), but now that I see it progressing, I really like it! The interior details are great! This will be a cool model to display and show off those details! Nice work!

Sam