Model Cars Magazine Forum

Corvette Limousine. Update 11-11-13 New pictures...

Custom Hearse

Very interesting build you have there. 2 years ago, while in Southwest Florida I saw, and photographed a VW Bug Limo. It belongs to an exterminator named Truly Noland. Interesting guy, his company is huge and he has classic and antique cars parked all around Naples, Florida with his name on the side....interesting way to advertise his business....anyway, his VW limo had his signature mouse ears on the roof. Pretty neat...so when I got back home I picked up a Revell beetle for a some day conversion. Well, anyway, I am following your build and conversion because I am looking for any hints and tips I can pick up from your build. So far I am impressed....your very long Vette is looking great.

Very interesting build you have there. 2 years ago, while in Southwest Florida I saw, and photographed a VW Bug Limo. It belongs to an exterminator named Truly Noland. Interesting guy, his company is huge and he has classic and antique cars parked all around Naples, Florida with his name on the side....interesting way to advertise his business....anyway, his VW limo had his signature mouse ears on the roof. Pretty neat...so when I got back home I picked up a Revell beetle for a some day conversion. Well, anyway, I am following your build and conversion because I am looking for any hints and tips I can pick up from your build. So far I am impressed....your very long Vette is looking great.

You want hints and tips from me? You're one of the premier builders on this forum. My builds are a small hobby compared to the work I've seen you do. I'm honored!!! :D

I've seen pictures of the Beetle you're talking about, very cool!

Thanks, I appreciate the compliment!!!

I'm working on the interior now, and Billy wants me to hurry with the frame, 'cause he really wants to see it up on it's wheels! I think he's enjoying this more than I ever will... :lol:

I'll have an up date soon!

i remember back in the old days, living in the old country i would watch the british version of the discovery channel and they had a show called thunder races

the precept was simple

3 teams of 3 people

each of them had to build a vehicle to the same purpose

each team got a certain amount of money with which to buy the car (or cars) used and all the materials

they then got 3 days to build in fully furnished garages

after that....they raced

my all time favorite was where they had to build a 4 wheel drive

they bought two VW golfs, cut the front off the one and the rear of the other

they then welded the front of the one where the rear of the other was missing

link the throttle and trannies and done :D

but i digest i knows its spelled "digress" its an inside joke

there was one episode where they had to build a limo and one of them was indeed a beetle

(your story reminded me of that)

also, click the link for the street truck build in my siggy to see what im doing with a beetle :lol:

Good to see it sitting on it's own wheels! I like this one, being an old limo driver. I used to drive stretched Volvos and Ford Scorpios - built by Coleman Milne. They were ugly as hell, but "user friendly". Then there were some Caddys as well, a Rolls that was terrible to drive, unless you were a midget..... it had a fixed bulkhead behind the front seats. Ohh, the stories I could tell.... :(

Good to see it sitting on it's own wheels! I like this one, being an old limo driver. I used to drive stretched Volvos and Ford Scorpios - built by Coleman Milne. They were ugly as hell, but "user friendly". Then there were some Caddys as well, a Rolls that was terrible to drive, unless you were a midget..... it had a fixed bulkhead behind the front seats. Ohh, the stories I could tell.... :rolleyes:

Do tell... :lol:

Thanks Hans! It's a work in progress. :)

QUOTE(Peter Lombardo @ Nov 25 2009, 05:38 AM) Very nice....I like how you did the top, it is "spaced out" just right. Being on it's own wheels makes a big difference. You would never know, from looking at the pictures that the frame was extended so far...that looks great. Nice job on this one. This is looking great.

Thank you Sir! I really appreciate it!

Here's the update for today...

I added some(?) 2 part putty to the roof, and then sanded it down, and then primed it whit to check for flaws...

It needs a little more work, but all told, it looks like it's good!

More soon!

Edited by Custom Hearse

Here's the update for today... I modified the rear T-tops by using 2 sets of T-tops. The front ones didn't need any modifications to them. I cut one set apart and glued them to a stock set. All I need to do to finish them is add a little 2 part automotive putty and then sand them smooth.

More soon!

Edited by Custom Hearse

Here's today's update. I filled the in the interior floor with sheet plastic, and added a divider between the drivers cabin and the passenger area. The divider took a loy of sanding and fitting to get it correct, but I think it came out pretty good...

Hope you like... I'll have another update soon.

Edited by Custom Hearse

I'm trying to decide what engine to put in the car. I have the 454 from the Tom Daniels "California Vette", or the 350 that came with this kit...

The Daniels engine...

I will more than likely change several things on it, like the air cleaner and fanbelt...

The stock 350...

Let me know what you think...

Edited by Custom Hearse