Model Cars Magazine Forum

Corvette Limousine. Update 11-11-13 New pictures...

Custom Hearse

Comin together very nice.Just a early thought but,how bout double side pipes on both sides.What color is she gonna end up?

I thought about side pipes for it, but it would probably look kinda weird. Thanks for the suggestion though, and the compliment!

The color I have in mind is Testors Candy Apple Red... Watcha think?

Did a little work on the limo tonight. I started off by fixing the t-tops so that they would fit flush with the body. surprisingly, I had to do more work on the front set, which were un-modified, then the back set which were...

Then I set to work on adding 6X9 speakers to the car. I'm installing 6 of them to the car. I've cut out the holes so far, but haven't installed them yet...

And I've scratchbuilt the refrigerator and set it in to test fit it. The black slot in the right side is an ice dispenser. I just need to add a handle to the door, and a pushrod to the ice dispenser...

Next up is the placement for the TV...

More coming soon.

Edited by Custom Hearse

WOW !!! Nice job on the ice dispenser, I like where your putting the speakers too. If you were to put subs in the limo, you might want to put two in the back and two behind the seats facing the back so that the passengers would get a good hard hitting bass all around. I just like to pay attention to detail. My 2 cents :D

QUOTE(vizio93 @ Dec 23 2009, 10:54 AM) WOW !!! Nice job on the ice dispenser, I like where your putting the speakers too. If you were to put subs in the limo, you might want to put two in the back and two behind the seats facing the back so that the passengers would get a good hard hitting bass all around. I just like to pay attention to detail. My 2 cents biggrin.gif

Thanks Billy! I knew this would make you happy! I doubt I'll actually add bass speakers to the wall behind the driver... It wouldn't be seen if it was there. I thought about cheating a little though...

I have the decal sheet from the Revell Magnum wagon, which has a decal of speakers. Here's what it would look like in there...

What do you think?

Edited by Custom Hearse

Ok im not trying to bash on you bro but i have a tip for the t.vs and the speakers in the back.Go get you a couple of DUB dicasts and strip the t.vs and sterio stuff out. They look way better and more realistic then the t.vs and the sticker your planning to use.I use the stuff i get out of the dicasts on all my builds for that extra clean look.If you want kicker subs and amps go get yourseld a 1:24th magnum for the 10" subs or go get a 1:24th scale for the 15" subs. that dicast has 4 subs,4 amps(connected),4 6.5 mids,and a couple t.vs,a bonuse is a HUGE screen t.v.

Now those 6x9s are ###### good i have used them alot and will continue to.

I like how this build is coming along bro but i would hate it if you cut corners and use cheap stuff.Hope this don't offend you at all im just trying to help you better your skills B) .

PS i am willing to send you some pics of builds that i use the kickers in and i will provide pics of the monster 15" subs im talking about

Edited by evilone

Hello Marshall. I haven't posted much lately cause I'm in such a rut not working since January. I really love what you're doing with the 'Vette. Looks really killer. I have some speakers made from Burger King coffee lids if you would like some. I'd send them to ya. Let me know. I have some pics of them if ya would like to see 'em. Dan