Model Cars Magazine Forum

Posting pics of non-vehicle models

I was wondering, would it be ok to post some pictures of non-vehicular models? I know some of us build other things like ships and aircraft.

Right now I am continuing work on Revell's 1/146 (or 1/196, I don't know) USS Constitution. I had posted in the bad model kit thread that I stuffed it back in the box. A couple days later I got it back out reasoning I had already put too much time into it. :lol: I don't like to leave a kit unfinished no matter how bad it might be.

I've got a ways to go yet, but I am kind of glad I continued it. It is starting to look good. I was just wondering if I could post some pics when I'm done for those who may be interested? I have never done a sailing ship before and love the way they look. Doing all that rigging has always kind of intimidated me. :rolleyes:

I was wondering, would it be ok to post some pictures of non-vehicular models? I know some of us build other things like ships and aircraft.

Right now I am continuing work on Revell's 1/146 (or 1/196, I don't know) USS Constitution. I had posted in the bad model kit thread that I stuffed it back in the box. A couple days later I got it back out reasoning I had already put too much time into it. :lol: I don't like to leave a kit unfinished no matter how bad it might be.

I've got a ways to go yet, but I am kind of glad I continued it. It is starting to look good. I was just wondering if I could post some pics when I'm done for those who may be interested? I have never done a sailing ship before and love the way they look. Doing all that rigging has always kind of intimidated me. :rolleyes:

i personally wouldn't see a problem with that!!!

post it up!!!

I build a lot of other stuff too, but don't post them here due to the ruckus Harry mentioned about the hot topic of off topic.

Personally I'd like to see an everything but model cars area, to see what else people are building, and not disturbing those who really want to only see model cars.

Guest promodmerc

There is a NASCAR forum (Randy Ayer's) that has:

Drag race

Muscle car/street machine

Road race/open wheel

Plains/copters/tanks/ships/submarine/starship topics

MC is suppose to be the most liberal forum so what say to some new topic forums? :lol:

I've got a ways to go yet, but I am kind of glad I continued it. It is starting to look good. I was just wondering if I could post some pics when I'm done for those who may be interested? I have never done a sailing ship before and love the way they look. Doing all that rigging has always kind of intimidated me. :D

I'd like to see it! i think it would be pretty cool if we could talk the mods into opening a model ship forum on here, it could be for everybody who builds ships,boats,military, planes and stuff like that. i know a few builders on here who have said that they build military.

I for one amd working on a 1/700 scale titanic, and it would be cool to post and share.

Its my first boat so its probably going to be a glue bomb :D

I build lots of other stuff too. In fact, this past year I built nothing but planes and ships... not one car! So I would also like to have an "Other Models" section.

However, there's only one person who can make that happen. If you guys are serious about it, I suggest you PM Gregg directly. If he thinks that there's enough interest he might just do it.

Did't think anything but car stuff would ever be allowed here most of the time.

Going to be doing a scratch-built 1/9 scale 1947 art deco bicycle, and a scratch-built large art deco style 1930's Hiawatha customized streamliner locomotive.

Didn't think those would ever get a pass here :lol::rolleyes:

WEEEE"LL SEE :lol: .

Edited by Treehugger Dave

MTH is making a Hiawatha? Ooohhh...one of my favorite streamliners. I have the Model Railroader from 1984 with the plans for it. I'd love to try scratchbuilding one sometime.

I myself have a real hankering for one of the Broadway Limited New Haven I-5s. My grandmother worked for the New Haven as a bookkeeper and freight agent during the war, and the New Haven is one of my favorite roads (along with anything else New England.)

Charlie Larkin

Model CARS magazine forum. Where does it say boats?

I build lots of other stuff too. In fact, this past year I built nothing but planes and ships... not one car! So I would also like to have an "Other Models" section.

However, there's only one person who can make that happen. If you guys are serious about it, I suggest you PM Gregg directly. If he thinks that there's enough interest he might just do it.

and until then lets stay automotive....cars, trucks, and Hemis!!

Is this "General" forum considered to be an "off-topic" forum? If it was, I'd think that non-automotive subjects would be welcome here. If it isn't, then this site needs an off-topic or other subjects forum.

That was the final straw that drove me away from Mr Haught and his site, when he chose to remove the "off-topic" forum. And the 3-pic limit...

I personally appreciate seeing builds other than cars, there's a lot to learn by doing that but, seeing the large number of forums that cater to that, I don't see the need to bring it here. <_<:rolleyes: Want to see boats and planes? The IPMS forums have all that stuff...... ;)

On the debate to let non-automotive model subjects show here,

Three words…

“Pay-Per-View†:rolleyes:<_<;)

On a more serious note, I’m concerned about how many forums here we already have. There seems to be a desire to keep adding to the number, which is already spread out over 24 forums. Not every title can appear at the top, so the further down the page a forum appears, the less notice and activity it seems to get. Before we start adding forums, let’s think about consolidating some. I have read some good ideas here for consolidating, and I hope it gets further consideration.

Just my good ol’ 2¢ worth, minus inflation.