Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cobra Daytona Coupe in plastic.

I have the Fujimi Cobra, and it has the parts to build the 289 I beleive. I'll have to confirm when I get home.

Fujimi12095Shelby.jpg

I can't speak from experience (don't own the Fujimi kit) but I understand that the knock on the Fujimi kit was that the reference used was a kit car that was found in Japan and that the windscreen/frame were dramatically too thick.

Edited by The Junkman

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yeah I figured that. Not exactly accurate with his information either. <_<:o

Well.....it's a matter of point of view. Accurate about the info.......maybe at the time.

I do know Accurate Miniatures had many planned kits in the pipeline. They had some fantastic people on staff.

If you own a B-25 kit from the Concord era of AM I packed it. I got to help out time to time because my brother in law was a primary staff member of AM at the time, in fact two of my brother in laws, my kids, my nephew all put in time there. AM had one of the all time best kit designers. Many of you know who I am talking about. He had already designed a 1/18 die cast Cobra Daytona so he had the info on hand and it just needed to be modified to a design for a 1/24 scale plastic kit. All was roiling along well........

Then my brother in law passed very unexpectedly. He was only 49 and in very good health. He got sick and dies 3 days later.

This was a huge blow to the AM team. It caused, in my opinion, everyone at AM to look at themselves and their life.

The kit designer left and moved back to his home state, and doing well today BTW. This pretty much caused the remaining

AM staff to split up and go separate ways....and all the planned 'stuff' just went away. As you know Revell bought the leftover GS Vette kits, reboxed them and sold out quick. The rest of the kits went to MRC as the guy there was a ex Revell guy and knew the AM guys.

The tooling....not 100% sure but I bet we never see the cars, Vette and NASCAR Taurus again.

So the info was correct at the time.....but as the saying goes.....'Life happens'.

Thought maybe enough time had passed I could tell what I know anyway.

Thanks

• 1 year later...

this is rather more recent:

2015 Announced Auto, Truck and Motorcycle Kit Release Schedule Sorted By Manufacturer

Last updated 28 Apr 15. If you have any news or corrections, please contact Michael Benolkin. The 'New or Updated' column shows what's been added or changed since the last update.

Manufacturer Subject Scale Number Release Date New or Updated

Academy Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe 24 15507 2015

jb

Edited by jbwelda