Model Cars Magazine Forum

I hope we're done now!!

I hope this is the last of the major storms for this winter! I haven't seen this much snow since our nasty winter here of 1996 when a part of a local bridge was taken out by house sized ice. :blink:

Here are some pics of what I had to deal with at the back of house------------I wasn't even thinking of the front of the house until much later in the day. ;)

P2113720-vi.jpg

Ever since the really nasty winter of 1996 here in Central PA, I've not been a big fan of snow. All that white just reinforces why I've come to dislike it so much!

The fellow in the background in the mini backhoe helped me clear away some of the snow......thank goodness as I'd still be trying to clear it away!

P2113721-vi.jpg

I think that lump is my car! :o Uggggh...........to have to find a place to put all that!

P2113722-vi.jpg

My neighbor's minivan all but buried! Some of the snow was drifted, but most of what you see is what's fallen in just the past week alone!

P2113723-vi.jpg

P2113725-vi.jpg

P2113726-vi.jpg

P2113727-vi.jpg

Finally after over an hour, I was able to get my car out...........I haven't even got to the front of the house at this point yet!

P2113728-vi.jpg

The fellow with the backhoe just piled what he could against the fence and created a mini mountain. It'll be lovely when it all starts to melt! :lol: My sump pump in the basement will be working overtime for sure!

At least I've gotten out of my modeling slump somewhat because of all this snow. I've been able to get back to work on the stalled Merc-------I've got the interior all but done. Haven't been to work since Monday night so the unexpected vacation has been kind of a plus.

I just hope this is it, but I got a feeling it isn't..................:D

George the fellow running the Bobcat owns a business that's right next door to me--------thus the trailer and tanker you see right behind my property. He needed to clear out that area so he can get the other trucks there that come on the property from time to time. A real nice guy he is as he didn't have to touch the area behind my place at all. :)

When I first saw this house, the first thing I remember asking the agent: Did I have to park on the street or could I park behind the house? Her answer hinged on whether or not I would take the house--------she said yes, because the former owners parked their cars in the back all the time. ;)

I told her she's got a sale because I KNOW how nasty snow can be here, and nothing's worse than neighbors arguing over parking spaces after this much snow! Not to mention other places where I've lived years ago when cars I've owned in the past have been hit sitting there on the street.

One of them was my beloved '69 AMX------that's when I decided I would NEVER rent or own a property again that had on street parking!

Bill, did you see Janet Shamiling on N B C News last night ? She was in Dallas , a place known for ice storms , not snow . She apperently looked like she waqs standing at the overpass of the South Freeway, the R L Thornton and the Central Expressway . Meanwhile , snow , yep more snow is expected her in Richmond Virginia tonight . Oh check out the story about Global Warming in both Time Magazine and Yesterdays New York Times newspaper ........... Ed Shaver

I was all geared up for the storm to attack the Northeast and all I got was a dusting of snow here in New Hampshire. We were joking about Washington, DC getting hit hard with snow for all of the bad stuff they have been giving the rest us over the years! It appears that some of that has spilled over onto you. Sorry!

Edited by mrmike

Bill, you need to forward your photos to Al Gore.

I'm sure he'd be interested to see how all the "global warming" is affecting regular folks like yourself...

Hmmm............Funny how Al Gore has dropped out of sight amidst all of this. :D

I've heard every other talking head ramble on about "climate change" except the main one who's perpetrated that crock!

We had a snowstorm here back in 1967 that was probably even worse. The city literally shut down for days.

chicago1967.jpg

The cars and buses in this photo are all abandoned. People simply left their cars and walked away... there was no way to drive. This is what the streets in Chicago looked like for about a week.

sld.jpg

My dad got stuck on the way home from work... he made it home three days later! He slept in his car the first night, in a police station the next.

Now that was a snowstorm! And the best part was that school was closed. Woo Hoo!!!

Ha! That looks a lot like this area here around this time in 1969. IIRC, that was a MAJOR storm that struck the east coast and left many cities literally paralyzed for DAYS!

I was in the Second/Third grade then and I can remember being out of school the entire week into the next!

Ahhhhh those were the days! ;)

We're getting a nice snowfall in Atlanta right now and looks like it will snow well into the evening. This is a "french toast alert" day here...where the stores are raided by people hoarding milk, bread, and eggs :D. Because snowpocalypse 2010 may have the roads messy for a day or two ;)