Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

67 Chevelle Hot Rod

Romell R

Man im really loving this build, custom made rockers? they look sweet, i should be able to start detailing more starting in september, i start a 3d design crafts course at college, think i might get a few custom frames cast in metal, engines, interior parts ect.

I may have missed it but any thoughts on colour yet?

Man im really loving this build, custom made rockers? they look sweet, i should be able to start detailing more starting in september, i start a 3d design crafts course at college, think i might get a few custom frames cast in metal, engines, interior parts ect.

I may have missed it but any thoughts on colour yet?

Thx for asking , Plan for my 1:1 are a two tone Black with Aztec Gold with ghost flames in the gold so i'll be doin the same with the model :)

Heres a little more progress for ya I'm hoping to have the body work done and ready for primer tonight and maybe start the paint monday..... :)

here you see I have the custom center councel done and you can see the doorjams being formed. I also have the rollcage primed.

doorjams001.jpg

doorjams006.jpg

here the seats get there first coat of color , im gonna try to simulate ostrich insert through out the interior.

doorjams003.jpg

ive been following this build from day one,this is one sick chevelle,awsome skills aftashox,thanks for letting us in on were to find some new parts,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,jr

It's truly my pleasure Jr. thats what this hobby is all about, sharing what information we might have to help others to advance there skills. thx for your comments. :lol:

Heres the seats painted up and ready for a fresh seatbelt treatment

seats002.jpg

Here the door jams are ready for primer

seats003.jpg

As you can see I got a nice tight fit for the doors and if you look closely you can see that the door on the opposite side fits nice and snug.

seats006.jpg

Romell, just some constructive criticism here ;) the roll bar's main hoop and rear support bars look too thick to me. i know that you made these pieces from metal but if it were me i'd have made it from Evergreen rod. i know you like working with metal but i think you would have much better results if you switched to plastic and made a fresh roll bar assembly. i've made quite a few of them, if you want some tips and advice on going that route shoot me a PM.

Dave

Thx dave and I have considered remaking the rollcage, I have made them before from evergreen also, I realy just wanted to try my hand at making one from steel. And youre right it is too thick. I may pull out the ol styrene and go back to the old way of doin em. Thx again for the watchful eye. ;)

Dang Romell, I go away for almost a week and come back to see some updates. Man your doing one fine job on that hot rod bro, keep up the good work and also detailing on that thing. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread more. :rolleyes:

Well good to have ya Back Jim where ya been? thx for the compliment i'll try to keep the pics flowin :D