Model Cars Magazine Forum

I have more mint unbuilt kits than I can or will finish building in my lifetime. Unless I live to be about 135 and my eyesight doesn't get any worse over the years. And of course I would also have to stop buying any more kits also, like that's really going to happen. If all the kit maufacturers stopped issuing kits today, it wouldn't phaze me one bit.

Man, now I really feel hopelesssssss.....found 93 cars, 7 ships, three planes, 2 Revell choppers, distributed among three different closets, all in boxes.

On my workbench I have 2 bikes and three cars, and all I really have learned how to do well...is strip paint. (Big sigh here) :lol:

Mike

Ok, after seeing the other pics, I guess I'll play too! :lol: Here's just a small sample of my collection.

HPIM2269.jpg

There are two other 3 shelf bookcases (where the upside down Trumpeter box is) filled to overflowing and even more under the shelf where the bigger boxes are, and that doesn't even include everything stuffed in my workbench and hutch!

HPIM1701.jpg

I have more models than shelves!! :lol::lol:

Is it a bad thing when you can't count that high and know you will never build them all and you refused to let any go hoping for a drug to extend you life 100-150 years LOL. This doesn't include my rebuilders and projects

mr1-vi.jpgmr2-vi.jpg

mr3-vi.jpgDSCI0421-vi.jpg

DSCI0424-vi.jpgDSCI0425-vi.jpg

DSCI0426-vi.jpgDSCI0427-vi.jpg

DSCI0431-vi.jpgDSCI0420-vi.jpg

Ok do we think alike?All the A-Bodys!SWEET!

Depends on who you ask..................

My wife- Too many !!!

My son- A lot !!!

My friends- A bunch!

Me- never enough.

Over 300 at last count.

At last count done to update the house hold insurance policy 3267 unbuilt. Ive got 120 built. I collect more then I build.

I'm getting back into this after scoring 5 kits for $2 at a garage sale. The kits I picked up are;

1937 Cord 812 (Monogram)

1950 Ford F1 (Monogram) - missing tail lamps)

1966 Volkswagen Beetle (Tamaya)

1967 Mercury Cyclone (AMT)

1967 Chevy Corvette 427 (Monogram)

I'm looking at that Mercury as my first victim.

Ive been building for close to 38 years and I have less than 30 models unbuilt most are parts kits, a few are in-line for building and those that I dont have plans for I will sell or give away. You see im a builder not a collector, I believe an unbuilt model is just a box of plastic collecting dust. The real value is in the creation of the art that comes from those plastic parts. So I dont collect a bunch of models just to say "oh I have that one" no when I want it I'll find it somewhere then it will get built, I dont care how old or rare it is,if i buy it im building it! :P

I've got about 25 with 10 on the wAy from the USA. ;) I've just been building for 8 mths. And have 7 built. But I just build 1 at a time, or I'd end up with the wrong parts on easch kit lol. Always on the look out for more. (all u guys with 1000+. If ur looking for space I've loads here lol)

Good Lord, I thought I had gotten together a lot of models to build when I had 15.

Some of you guys have more on hand than a local Hobby Store.

Now that's what I call a die-hard model fanantic. Just kidding.

You see im a builder not a collector, I believe an unbuilt model is just a box of plastic collecting dust. The real value is in the creation of the art that comes from those plastic parts. ;)

Amen, brother... I feel precisely the same way. What you said sums up my attitude on what should be done with model kits perfectly!