Death Race 66' Buick Riviera

made007

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Still on the bench:

IMG_0944.jpg

IMG_0945.jpg

IMG_0946.jpg

This is acrilyc paint only later on i will add the weathering with pastels, so far ive been using just acrylics and alcohol, the base coat is Krylon silver, and with a little brush and alcohol little by little passing on, enjoy

Awesome!!!......can't find the words to describe it. What did you use for the padding on the roll cage? And what did you use for the tape?

Thanks,

Rich

well i was on a thread where they used foaming sheetls to make seat upholstery for lowriders, and i though of that but to use it as paddin, i had to cut them with a #11 blade, to make them thin , to wrap around the styrene tube, then glued with loctite control glue, and the tape is tamiya masking tape painted with folkart acrilics, hope you understood me, feel free to ask, thanks

Just wanted to let you know that you actually made me want to watch the movie enough after looking at this build that I went out and bought it recently. B) A friend of mine has also let me borrow the original (death race 2000) from back in the day to watch too. So keep going, cause this is a really cool build and your doing an awesome job.

Thanks

Ron

well i was on a thread where they used foaming sheetls to make seat upholstery for lowriders, and i though of that but to use it as paddin, i had to cut them with a #11 blade, to make them thin , to wrap around the styrene tube, then glued with loctite control glue, and the tape is tamiya masking tape painted with folkart acrilics, hope you understood me, feel free to ask, thanks

Thanks Jose.yes i understand the tape no problem!.....but as for the foam.where could i find this?

Thanks,

Rich

Oh!...that's me stuffed then.we don't have a wallmart here in the UK.

oh, i guess theres not enough walmatrs over the world yet, LOL ill help you, ...................you know your lucky.. righ? ...i foud something for you and just look at the location---->Item location: Liverpool, United Kingdom,,,,,,, :lol: , LOL, heres the link, hope you can get em.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Funky-Foam-Sheets-40-A5-Sized-Sheets-40-Colours-/350459134602?pt=UK_Crafts_PapercraftTools_RL&hash=item5198fe028a