Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Black Widow – ’58 Chevy Impala

Bryce

Just finished this up on the weekend. It's the old AMT kit built as a mild kustom inspired by Lee Pratt's car.

The body has been nosed, decked and partially shaved. I also frenched the stock taillights and painted the bumper insets black for a mild kustom touch. The interior and engine are box stock with some detailing.

Here’s some pics:

IMG_6018.jpg

IMG_6026.jpg

IMG_6028.jpg

IMG_6029.jpg

IMG_6032.jpg

IMG_6038.jpg

IMG_5994.jpg

IMG_5998.jpg

IMG_6015.jpg

This is the best model, I have seen for a while! Very good job, paintjob is perfect it's so shiny and smooooth! Very great. Chrome reverse wheels are perfect choice to this and I'm very happy that some people build cars like this but they don't put too big wheels to them... Sorry all pling pling fans... B) Engine is nice like that 348'' and detailing looks great. Interior is very good too but any pics from the chassis...? :D

Guest Johnny

She's a beauty. Where'd you get the deep chrome reverse wheels from ?

Same question here!!!

What a beauty! Best looking 58 I have seen in a long time!cool.gif

Thanks for the all the nice comments!

She's a beauty. Where'd you get the deep chrome reverse wheels from ?

Thanks Steve. I made the wheels by combining the chrome centres from an AMT '57 Thunderbird kit with the chrome rim from the custom wheels in a '70 Superbee kit.

The top is perfect. How did you do it? What color is that red, and I too love those wheels what kit are they from?

Thanks! I painted the whole car black first and then masked the scallops before painting the roof. The paint is Tamiya clear red over a base of 50% flat aluminium and 50% clear red. It goes on pink but provides a nice flakey base. and the tint means you don't have to use as much paint to get colour coverage.

This is the best model, I have seen for a while! Very good job, paintjob is perfect it's so shiny and smooooth! Very great. Chrome reverse wheels are perfect choice to this and I'm very happy that some people build cars like this but they don't put too big wheels to them... Sorry all pling pling fans... :blink: Engine is nice like that 348'' and detailing looks great. Interior is very good too but any pics from the chassis...? :P

Thanks for the high praise! The chassis is pretty boring - just all semi-gloss black. That's why I didn't bother posting any pics. Is there something in particular you want to know or see?

Thanks for the high praise! The chassis is pretty boring - just all semi-gloss black. That's why I didn't bother posting any pics. Is there something in particular you want to know or see?

No, nothing special. I was just wondering, awesome looking model but no pictures from chassis. That's ok, sometimes I build boring chassis too... B)