Model Cars Magazine Forum

Come in Everyone! What's your 1:1?

No progress on any projects yet, but a few of my 1:1 junkers...

My '94 F-250

071_71-vi.jpg

(That would be my brother's '78 Cutlass parked just to the right of it.)

My 310,000 mile daily beater '98 Mercury Tracer, AKA the T-Racer

073_73-vi.jpg

My old junker '67 Fury

076_76-vi.jpg

And the '46 Chevy 1-1/2 ton dumper I got rid of last year-

082_82-vi.jpg

This is my ball and chain that im happily married to. A 67 Chevelle with a 454 70 over power plant 12 inch tunnel ram with two 650cfm demon carbs topped with a shotgun bill scoop, ceramic headman headers conected to 3 inch exhaust pipes. she is also bottle fed by a 20lb bottle of NOS. theres a 8pt rollcage and Wilwood brakes on all four corners. Faultline will be finished early this spring. I built a model here in the forums as a design tool, and the 1:1 will resemble it closely I'll include pics of both. Enjoy

ehaust002.jpg

rollcage installed

rollcage053.jpg

almost 1 of a kind custom Boyd Coddington wheels (they only made enough parts for 30 sets)

chevellewheels004.jpg

Six piston calipers

newbrakes002.jpg

Shotgun Bill and his favorite bottle...

trunk006.jpg

trunk013.jpg

the design tool....

finishedunderglass001.jpg

Edited by Aftashox

Is that Batman?

Yes... but only on the driver's side! :lol: The car was like that when I bought it in 2002- no idea why they never stenciled him onto the other quarter panel! :D

Oh, and Romell... glad to see I'm not the only guy who brings car parts into the house on occasion!

Edited by Chuck Most

this is my current daily driver, it's a '96 Chevy Corsica (2.2 4 cylinder) with 242,000+ miles. What you can't see is the primered panel on the driver's side where I did some rust repair, and all the various spots of chipping paint and rust. I'd love to spray bomb the whole car flat black and call it a day, lol.

1028091819.jpg

Previously owned cars:

2000 Chevy Cavalier Z24 (LOVED this car, I want to eventually get an '00-'02 Z24 in white)

CavalierZ2442308003.jpg

CavalierZ24monumentpark.jpg

1995 Toyota Celica GT (BEST Car I've owned, I still miss this car. Unfortunately it got repossessed and it "lives" somewhere near Grand Rapids, MI now.)

When I bought it in Ohio:

mycelica.jpg

After the kit was painted:

Michelles95CelicaGT.jpg

Last time I saw it :P

10269193314_0_ALB.jpg

My '73 Charger SE Project (had to sell it :P)

F000191A.jpg

61302193314_0_ALB.jpg

I've also had a black '98 Cavalier 2dr, a dark pink '96 Chevy Blazer (total POS!) a red '94 Olds Cutlass Supreme SL 2dr, a black '96 Dodge Neon 2dr, a strawberry metallic '98 Neon 4dr, a silver '88 Pontiac LeMans SE 4dr, a Silver Mist '96 Chrysler Sebring LX, a Milano red'93 Honda Civic 4dr, and a black & silver '91 Dodge Daytona ES. I will be building models of all the ones I can someday, lol!

1973 plymouth. Recently dismantled the suspension and rebuilt it using ply bushings. Changed the backspacing of the rally wheels to 3.75 with 245 60 15s so it fills the wheel openings alot more.Just now needs an alignment. Too late this year. But first thing next spring.

IMG_0797.jpg

IMG_0795.jpg

IMG_0796.jpg

Edited by sak

hmm..surprisingly few motorcycles...

36892_1326489046626_1362928220_3080.jpg

this is my recently acquired and intermittently reliable Buell X1..when its running good I commute 25 miles one way almost every day of the week

30907_1295547953118_1362928220_30720201_5588866_n.jpg

this is my 2000 Impala sitting next to the Buell...its also about as reliable as the Buell..lol. But I have to say it goes like stink for a big floaty boat.

DSC00906-1.jpg

this used to be my daily before I wrecked it and before fatherhood..fun car

1-3-5-1035388120.jpg

then waaaaay back in the day before the 240 I used to drive this beast..and I drove it like a darn sports car..as you can see in this autocross pic..lol

Gray

This is my ball and chain that im happily married to. A 67 Chevelle with a 454 70 over power plant 12 inch tunnel ram with two 650cfm demon carbs topped with a shotgun bill scoop, ceramic headman headers conected to 3 inch exhaust pipes. she is also bottle fed by a 20lb bottle of NOS. theres a 8pt rollcage and Wilwood brakes on all four corners. Faultline will be finished early this spring. I built a model here in the forums as a design tool, and the 1:1 will resemble it closely I'll include pics of both. Enjoy

almost 1 of a kind custom Boyd Coddington wheels (they only made enough parts for 30 sets)

chevellewheels004.jpg

Here is my project car that is still my daily driver. I drive this to and from work. This is one of my favorite pics but it is over 10 years old. It is now a green primer. Someday I will get to the paint job. It has a 440 with aluminum heads and M1 intake, 727 with a TCI street fighter valve body and 2500 stall converter, 3:55 sure grip 8 3/4 rear. Mosier axles and 4 wheel disc brakes. It handles very well with the custom sway bars front and rear. She gets tons of attention on the road and is fun to drive. I have a 2nd one for parts as they are very rare. It's a 71 Plymouth Sport Suburban. I switched the front over to look like a 1970.

WAG26.jpg

I love these big ol' bombers. My uncle had a dark green 1970 Polara wagon that he bought new in 1969. Being just 5 years old at the time, I thought it was an army tank! He had it repainted to a color similar to yours before he sold it.

1973 plymouth. Recently dismantled the suspension and rebuilt it using ply bushings. Changed the backspacing of the rally wheels to 3.75 with 245 60 15s so it fills the wheel openings alot more.Just now needs an alignment. Too late this year. But first thing next spring.

IMG_0797.jpg

IMG_0795.jpg

IMG_0796.jpg

can i have it? LOL beautiful car

The Boyds rims are nice, but you should ditch those and get some Foose rims, since all his are one offs.

Youre Kidding right???

1. all Foose rims are not 1 offs as Foose has a line of custom rims

2. To get a 1 off rim you would have to pay for the tooling the time spent in CAD designing, and usually youd have to make a min. purchase

3. Boyd Coddington passed away just a lil while ago, so who's rims do you think are goin to be rarer now thus be more valuable?

4. Like I said they only made enough parts for 30 sets or 120 seperate rims. And im about to buy two more so that cuts the set count down to 29.

Have your facts stright before you make this type of comment...oh yeah before I forget

5. I'll ditch them when you pay me the money i spent on them. Let me know if you want my PayPal address. :)

Heres one of my Sunday drivers;

1967 IH CO1800, 392 V8, P/S, P/B, 5 spd coloum shift, 19,000 miles.

co5.jpg

Another Sunday driver;

1976 IH 1710 Cargostar, ex CF yard tractor, re-powered with a 345V8, and an auto, P/S, P/B, chrome from retired firetrucks. I have ended up with a another that I intended to use for parts, but, it is the next sequential VIN number to this one! They came off the line behind each other in '76!!!

AlexisFire12062730.jpg

Daily driver;

1980 Scout Traveller, 345V8, auto, air, lift, and some rust. Shown posing next to a Lonestar.

Lonestar065.jpg

Youre Kidding right???

1. all Foose rims are not 1 offs as Foose has a line of custom rims

2. To get a 1 off rim you would have to pay for the tooling the time spent in CAD designing, and usually youd have to make a min. purchase

3. Boyd Coddington passed away just a lil while ago, so who's rims do you think are goin to be rarer now thus be more valuable?

4. Like I said they only made enough parts for 30 sets or 120 seperate rims. And im about to buy two more so that cuts the set count down to 29.

Have your facts stright before you make this type of comment...oh yeah before I forget

5. I'll ditch them when you pay me the money i spent on them. Let me know if you want my PayPal address. :D

Whoa, calm down, no more coffee for you. :P I actually forgot that Boyd had passed, so yes, his rims do go for a premium now. And excuse me for making a COMMENT. Everyone is entitled to their own OPINION. MY opinion is that I like Foose rims better, although Boyd does have a few nice designs. Either way, all of them are out of my price range.