Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lombardo's Allison Special

curt raitz

Ya can say the ol'noggin got to workin' when Peter Lombardo's vacuum formed Dual Cowl Roadster showed up...

LombardosDualCowl_aa-vi.jpg

I figured the Allison Engine from the "Parts Pak" would fit nicely in this thing...

LombardosDualCowl_ab-vi.jpg

Did not realize how big this engine is, so changed the dual cowl to a single cowl...

LombardosDualCowl_ag-vi.jpg

started on a chassis from the parts box, stretched to get the right wheel base...

LombardosDualCowl_ae-vi.jpg

got inspiration from the Bugatti Atlantic...

b02a-vi.jpg

came up with something like this...

LombardosAllisonSpeedster_e-vi.jpg

LombardosAllisonSpeedster_g-vi.jpg

Engine and chassis with drive train installed...gonna run the exhaust out of the front of the engine

LombardosAllisonSpeedster_c-vi.jpg

LombardosAllisonSpeedster_b-vi.jpg

had a tough time getting wheels and tires for this beast, but Mr. Raul Perez's parts box came to the rescue,

will be shown in the next update

thanx for lookin' ;)

had a tough time getting wheels and tires for this beast, but Mr. Raul Perez's parts box came to the rescue,

Glad to help. my old friend! B)

Curt......I love'ya..man! It looks great. :lol:

Peter,

What do I need to do to get some of this love?

I see one long and lean hover car hiding under all that plastic!!

Later,

Glad to help. my old friend! B)

Peter,

What do I need to do to get some of this love?

I see one long and lean hover car hiding under all that plastic!!

Later,

Guys, just today I received a new batch of styrene sheets. I have to produce a few more bodies tomorrow for previously ordered cars. If anyone else is interested, I will be happy to produce a body and tops for you. The the whole thing, with shipping, in the U.S. is $10.00, slightly higher in Canada and overseas.

If anyone else wants one, just send me your address, to my e mail account which is : aegisgolf@optonline.net. I will get it out to you in a week or so.

As you can see, you can let your imagination run wild on this one. I am building one that is true to the original design, but you guys can go any direction you like....with or without wheels....and if you go without wheels, you don't even have to fill in the wheel wells because there aren't any yet. :lol:

I was able to get the exhaust system installed and got the wheels and tires mounted (thanx Raul)

apologize for the pixurz being a little fuzzy...got in a hurry to get'em shot & posted

LombardosAllisonSpl_be-vi.jpg

LombardosAllisonSpl_bd-vi.jpg

LombardosAllisonSpl_bc-vi.jpg

LombardosAllisonSpl_bb-vi.jpg

opened up the engine compartment, was a little tricky...gee that engine is big!

LombardosAllisonSpl_bf-vi.jpg

next on the agenda is hinging the bonnet cover, cleaning up the body and building the interior, etc...

thanx for lookin' cool.gif

Hi Curt,

I've been out of the modeling loop for a while and hadn't had a chance to look at your projects on the forum. Wow, that looks great man! I can't wait to see the finished product at the NNL. Have you decided on the color?

Hossain

Hossain

how ya doin?

i cannot make it up to the Sacramento NNL this Saturday

havin' fun with this one so far...

i'm leaning towards a dark metallic green, wanna stay away from blue - don't want it mistaken for a bugatti

c'ya