Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lamborghini Miura!!!!

cruz

Marcos, I absolutely hate your builds!

I don't like being jealous and envious and your builds always fill me with jealousy and envy. That Miura is just gorgeous. That color combo is one that really complements the styling of this most-beautiful of Lamborghinis. Your finish is flawless, every detail precise, everything's just as it should be. (My envy-level is now rising to a dangerous high.)

A couple of questions: I don't remember if you pointed this out in your WIP or not, but did you do anything to accent the panel lines? They look just right but not overdone as is often the case. What did you use for the valve stems? On your photoetch wipers, did you use any of the kit's plastic parts for the base? Did you use Alclad chrome for the headlights and/or the side rearview mirror?

Oh, and I think I see a couple of wrinkles in your BMF! (Did I mention that your builds also make me petty and mean-spirited?)

Keep it up, Cruz, and I may have to quit the hobby.

Well Marcos, the finished product sure does not disappoint. This was a beautiful build in the "on the workbench" section and it looks perfect as a finished model. Very, very impressive....the finish on this car is first rate museum quality. There are just too many great little aspects on this build to point out....really sweet!

Marcos, I absolutely hate your builds!

I don't like being jealous and envious and your builds always fill me with jealousy and envy. That Miura is just gorgeous. That color combo is one that really complements the styling of this most-beautiful of Lamborghinis. Your finish is flawless, every detail precise, everything's just as it should be. (My envy-level is now rising to a dangerous high.)

A couple of questions: I don't remember if you pointed this out in your WIP or not, but did you do anything to accent the panel lines? They look just right but not overdone as is often the case. What did you use for the valve stems? On your photoetch wipers, did you use any of the kit's plastic parts for the base? Did you use Alclad chrome for the headlights and/or the side rearview mirror?

Oh, and I think I see a couple of wrinkles in your BMF! (Did I mention that your builds also make me petty and mean-spirited?)

Keep it up, Cruz, and I may have to quit the hobby.

Thank you guys, your comments, good or bad are always certainly appreciated!!! For my panel lines, I like to scribe them pretty deep, it's always the first thing I do when I take the body out of the box. After scribing, right on the bare plastic, I dip some Testor's Metallizer paint right into them, the Mettalizer's consistency is very watery so capillary action really helps out a lot in this phase. When I am done with the priming, I will repeat this step again and then sand the body to get it ready for painting. Not much I have to do after that, it has always worked for me.

For the valve stems, I just used a piece of wire, nothing fancy. I drilled a very small hole and inserted the wire right into it with a dab of crazy glue. :)

For the wipers, I used Acu-Stions photo-etch detail set. This set includes the wipers and other little details I chose to use. On the wipers, there is a mall bend that has to be performed, it takes away the "flat" look that the photo-etch part usually has. I did add a small piece of plastic to pin it against the body, it's the only way to glue them without making a mess and it helps for a strong bond.

Miura1007-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

I did not use any Alclad on this build except for the brake discs which are not noticeable because of the considerably closed design of the wheel, every chrome part you see comes in the kit. I did noticed that the BMF is a little wrinkly, that is my fault for not being patient while waiting for a new sheet to arrive at the hobby store. We live and learn :D

Anyway, I am happy with the build and I want to thank Mr. Kustov for his inspiration, it's nowhere close to his build of this kit but I tried my best :blink: I also want to thank my good friend Randy Kern again for giving me this kit and again, I owe you my friend!!!

I love the way that rear curtain type window looks in the back, the colors chosen really compliment the overall look of the build. Once again my friend, you hit it out of the ballpark with this one. Everything is so clean and correctly done. What do you use to glue your photo-etch emblems?

I love the way that rear curtain type window looks in the back, the colors chosen really compliment the overall look of the build. Once again my friend, you hit it out of the ballpark with this one. Everything is so clean and correctly done. What do you use to glue your photo-etch emblems?

I like to use Future floor wax to glue my P/E parts in place, it's clear, transparent and very thin.....

Hey Cruz, I see your versatility, not only do you create beautiful models in the Muscle genre but you can also do the European kits some justice. This is an absolute beauty, from the paint, which never dissapoints, to the subtle details added. Those rims look absolutely gorgeous, much better than the chrome alternative. The photo-etch parts look fantastic, you have a great touch placing them around the body, that's never easy. This is certainly model car magazine cover quality and you should be very proud of it. :)

You never cease to amaze me with your builds, the first thing I noticed was how sharp the panel lines were done, they don't look "painted" like others usually do by using pens and markers. Also, the rims really pop out even though they are not chrome, the addition of the valve stems and the overall wash you gave them yield a realistic look. Any pictures of the interior?

You never cease to amaze me with your builds, the first thing I noticed was how sharp the panel lines were done, they don't look "painted" like others usually do by using pens and markers. Also, the rims really pop out even though they are not chrome, the addition of the valve stems and the overall wash you gave them yield a realistic look. Any pictures of the interior?

Thanks Jay, I am very picky about panel lines and spend quite some time working on them, glad you noticed! Here are some interior shots, you can see a lot of the WIP at the Workbench area of the forum.... :)

Miura8001-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Miura8009-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

A lot of the emblems and details are metal transfer decals that came in the kit. It is a pretty basic kit but one that says a lot when completed. Thanks again to you and to all for your input!!!