Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tractor Trailer Community Build

highway

This is the generator compartment with the motosat dish, I am thinking about redoing the chrome finish on it, right now I used tin foil, but I think I might try some chrome spray paint and see if that would look better

Buckeye-20110910-00024-1.jpg

Buckeye-20110910-00025-1.jpg

Buckeye-20110910-00028-1.jpg

This is the lift gate with the holes drilled out for the taillights , but as you can see I did not do a very good job , I am debating on if I want to start over with the lift gate because I am not sure if I can fix it to make it look better

Buckeye-20110910-00029.jpg

Yes, great jobs on the Lonestars so far guys. I hope to FINALLY get me a couple at the Pittsburgh show tomorrow. I was also hoping to finish the Ford, but between 12 hr shifts 5 days a week at my new job and just not getting off my lazy butt yesterday and today on days I requested off just to finish the truck and not going back to the bench, it will have to wait. :( There was just too much to finish and scratchbuild and not enough time.

• 2 weeks later...

Havent got much done on the trailer, I added the reflective striping to it, got lights in the lift gate done, built the steps and a tire rack, for some reason this model trailer comes with a tire rack. I still need add the photo etched door handles , just dont have the right type of glue at the moment, and I have learned that model glue does not work well.

ft2-1.jpg

ft1-1.jpg

ft3-1.jpg

tr1.jpg

Edited by martinfan5

• 2 weeks later...

I hope next update after this is going to be from chassis or engine... Anyway today I cleared the body, I'm pretty happy about the end result. I'm going to wax it next and then it will look better, hopefully. I almost failed the paintjob with this one, after clearing these parts I came away from the garage and wind turned it upside down. Luckily clear wasn't so yet that paintjob is now good yet.

PA180216.jpg

PA180213.jpg

PA180212.jpg

PA180211.jpg

PA180217.jpg

Edited by W-409