Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tractor Trailer Community Build

highway

Well, we now have 50 members in this build!! :D Also, again, if you notice me dropping the trailer so to speak, let me know and I'll get the problem fixed.

P.S.: Clayton, I have your name on the list but not your build, I missed what you were building somewhere along the way. Please let me know the make and model of the tractor your putting your custom sleeper on. :)

Hello guys some very nice work going on here i was wondering if it isn't too late to join in i have a Kenworth W900 i've been working on only about 20% or less done just let me know and please keep up the work i'm seeing here

Thanks, Willie

After Starring at this doghouse trying to figure how to fill it I deceided I would fully plumb the engine bay, made heater and rad hoses (there painted and drying) and added well dip sticks (Trannsmission and Engine oil), Added fuel lines, added brake lines to the master cylinder, made battery cables (also drying) and will add a wiper motor and wire it, also thinking of adding a wiring harness.

Will add brakelines, fuel lines and a parking brake cable underneath soon as well.

GEDC0331.jpg

GEDC0324.jpg

Nick

Edit:Forgot to mention I know the trans dipstick should come out to the left not right and that the brake lines are sideways, and that I forgot a fuel filter, I didn't even notice till it was glued and painted.

Edited by Nick Winter

Hello guys some very nice work going on here i was wondering if it isn't too late to join in i have a Kenworth W900 i've been working on only about 20% or less done just let me know and please keep up the work i'm seeing here

Thanks, Willie

Not a problem at all Willie, I'll get you added to the list.

Well, we now have 50 members in this build!! :D Also, again, if you notice me dropping the trailer so to speak, let me know and I'll get the problem fixed.

P.S.: Clayton, I have your name on the list but not your build, I missed what you were building somewhere along the way. Please let me know the make and model of the tractor your putting your custom sleeper on. :)

I'm building the lime green/Jade green 378 with LARGE sleeper. Yeah I've lost the build post my self a few times. Have not been able to paint due too the heat wave index of 110 to 112 and 75%+ humidity so just toying around making or rounding up extra parts. Now we got hurricane Season(live on the east coast) so paint will be on hold for some time.

Well heres what i have going on its the Revell Kenworth W900 i have already stretched the frame 4 inches added two to the sleeper made a custome rear "bumper" added hood fairings modified a set of custom rear fenders made a headache rack it will have a bunch of aluminum parts such as breathers, fuel tanks, front bumper, stacks, wheels. I will add a trailer as well a drop deck type this will be a working show truck type of build heres a couple of pics to kinda show whats going on these are just mock ups so not everything is lined up exactly

Thanks for looking, Willie

IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0176.jpg

Trucker- the lonestar is looking good.

Here is a small update, getting the interior of the trailer done, It didnt turn out as good as I wanted it, I was going to detail more of the interior, but decided not to. So I did light detail. The inside of the trailer is painted white , I know its hard to tell.

I still have a long way to go , and then start the lonestar when it gets here.

Buckeye-20110831-00169.jpg

Buckeye-20110831-00166.jpg

I have painted that front clip of the body from both sides now. Also added decals. Some of them went nicely on their places, but some of them were really hard to install right. I had to shorten two of them and used lots of Micro Sol to make them look better. They aren't good now, but I must clear the body next week and then I can fix those decals with white paint.

P9013517.jpg

P9013518.jpg

P9013519.jpg

P9013520.jpg

P9013521.jpg

Made a little more progress on the trailer, I think the way its going I might get this done before the Lone Star kit gets here :lol: , I guess its takes a while for things shipped from Canada to get to the states .

To be honest its not coming out as good as I was hoping, if I could cut straight lines that would make it a lot better :mellow: , I have the lift gate done, well close to it, I need to do a couple of small things to it. The interior is ( work area) is almost done and as good as its going to get.

IMG-20110903-00192.jpg

Buckeye-20110903-00193.jpg

Buckeye-20110903-00196.jpg

Buckeye-20110903-00194.jpg

Here is the roof, with the A/C and a Sat dish cut out made

Buckeye-20110903-00199.jpg

Here is the compartment door that's between the axle's , hinged

Buckeye-20110903-00205.jpg

Here is the front part of the interior, yes I know a part of it looks crooked, its not finished and I have to get the top part of the cabinets on the right side in.

Buckeye-20110903-00201.jpg

Here is the view with that top piece off, its hard to see, but there are steps done there that are for the lounge ( still need to get that built)

Buckeye-20110903-00202.jpg

Edited by martinfan5

is those decals provided with the kit or where did they come from i would love to get a set like that for a peterbilt!

Yes, they are from the kit. The boxart shows only the "Lightning Express" decals, but those are included.