Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tractor Trailer Community Build

highway

Thanks, Gordon! :D

I painted lots of chassis parts with gloss black, hopefully tomorrow I can get some more colors on those parts, then I'll post few pics. I also did some test fitting to those wheels, they fit fine and look good like that. I'm going to paint those bolts with black. And I glued that part to the engine, shown in the last picture (can't just remember, what is it). Added some black wash to it, to make it look bit greasy and dirty.

PA230089.jpg

PA230090.jpg

PA230091.jpg

• 1 month later...

I think this thread died all the sudden

Well thanks for giving it some CRP Jonathan!! I'm sorry I haven't been checking in lately, but between the 12 hr a day job I mentioned back in September that, thanks to my wonderfully unstable high blood pressure, I don't have to worry about any more and trying to find a new job outside of driving, I have just had my mind on other things than building. Hopefully things will start improving around here before I totally loose what little of my mind I have left! :lol:

Also Steve, I just noticed (PLEASE FORGIVE ME! :wub: ) your post wanting to enter, and I will get you added to the entry list. Please just remember to add some pics of what you are starting with. :) Also, speaking of the entry list, if I have missed more than just Steve's entry ideas and I have not added you to the list or if you have posted pics of your entries and I have not put the * beside them to indicate you are officially entered in the build, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

Highway, sorry to hear that my friend, I wish you luck, I think this CBP will pick up again when the new prostar and trailer come out , I know i will be getting one of each right away.

Thanks Jonathan, I need all the luck I can get! :D Depending on the release dates of the Prostar and new reefer from Moebius, I might have to push the end deadline back again!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well heres what i have going on its the Revell Kenworth W900 i have already stretched the frame 4 inches added two to the sleeper made a custome rear "bumper" added hood fairings modified a set of custom rear fenders made a headache rack it will have a bunch of aluminum parts such as breathers, fuel tanks, front bumper, stacks, wheels. I will add a trailer as well a drop deck type this will be a working show truck type of build heres a couple of pics to kinda show whats going on these are just mock ups so not everything is lined up exactly

Thanks for looking, Willie

IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0176.jpg

Are you done yet,,are you done yet,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :D

Thanks for asking Willie about his progress Clayton, I didn't relize he had posted pics of his build! :D

If there are any others I have missed putting the * next to your build and making it an official entry for whenever we do finally wrap this up for the "bragging rights" truck show voting thread, please let me know!! B)

Thanks for asking Willie about his progress Clayton, I didn't relize he had posted pics of his build! :D

If there are any others I have missed putting the * next to your build and making it an official entry for whenever we do finally wrap this up for the "bragging rights" truck show voting thread, please let me know!! B)

HEY IM NOT DONE YET! and with general life getting in the way i need to find another job before i tackle it more cause im out of paint! :D

HEY IM NOT DONE YET! and with general life getting in the way i need to find another job before i tackle it more cause im out of paint! :D

Now just calm down Sean!!! The following is quoted from the first post on the first page, and since I'm the slowest (read laziest) builder on the planet, don't be surprised if the deadline doesn't get pushed back to this time next year! :lol::huh::blink:

OFFICIAL DATES: Jan 1 2011 to Dec 31 2011 (Feel free to start now if you want!)

NOTE: ENDING DATE HAS BEEN CHANGED TO JUNE 30, 2012!!!

And believe me, you don't have to tell me about life getting in the way, I'm not working again either thanks to health issues that have taken me out of two jobs in the past two months and right now I'm just trying to keep the rent paid and lights on and can't even fix the failing brakes on my 1:1 pickup because I can't afford the parts, which also just so happens to be the only operating vehicle to get my fiancee (which I'm not even that sure I'll have much longer) back and forth to work to try to keep the rent paid so we don't get kicked out of our house! So believe me, I know all about life getting in the way! :(

I know how the whole life and being a "responsible adult" thing gets in the way of building. My thoughts and prayers go out to those struggling in these tough times, and hopefully there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Don't give up hope and don't give up building...what great therapy and a great way to unwind in the evenings.

I haven't posted pictures yet...but have been steady building...half way through the second entry...I will take a break from building and try to figure out Photo Bucket (It doesn't like the size of my pictures and I got frustrated)

KEEP BUILDING!!!! Happy Holidays to everyone. :D :D :D

can i still enter? i've just started mine. heres a hint; 78 ford, peterbilt, and galaxy trailer, 6bt cummings.

(dates on pictures are wrong)

YES!! ME LIKEY!!!

By the way, it wouldn't matter if those were the right dates, I have builds still unfinished older than that!!

i know the feeling. i've got 3 more i'm doing at the same time. i'm almost done with a custom rock buggy thats 90% scratch built. bronco i've swap front ends on and lifted and more custom stuff and then a 65 mustang boss 429 test car with opening doors and trunk. this truck i figured would make me want to finish all my others going on haha. i've not finished a model in over 4 years haha.