Model Cars Magazine Forum

41 willys street rod

RTK434

This is superb so far. The detailing on the blower bolts and the drive belts is ultra real and outstanding!

This kit looks so much better "de-blinged" IMHO. I did exactly the same thing to one about a year ago (you can see it here if you're interested - http://www.modelcars...=1 ). I did the body in simple gray primer with just some contingency decals on either side of the door and used the p/e grill from the SWC kit (along with the interior panels from that kit to tone down the "billet" look). What are your plans for paint and interior?

Edited by gbk1

Thanks for the replys. Here's a few more pictures. Mostly out of the box. I cut off the tailpipes since I hate exhaust pipes that go under the rear. None of my 1:1 cars ever have tail pipes anyways. I also changed the steering wheel to one from the parts box.

68dart018.jpg

68dart017.jpg

nice and clean, the colors look awesome too!

not a fan of the kit supplied steering wheel? you can always send it my way :P

front stance in this kit is a little high but overall it's a very nice kit. looking forward to seeing more progress!

Thanks for the heads up on the ride height Dave. I mocked it up without the body on and overlooked that. I did some work on the spindles tonight and added some air cleaners. If you want the steering wheel its all yours. PM me you address again. I'm not sure if I have it anymore.

68dart020.jpg

68dart019.jpg

68dart021.jpg