Model Cars Magazine Forum

What is your dream model kit?

1968-71 Dodge Pick-up (any bed length/tonnage rating)....

1979-93 ACCURATE (for its year) Mustang Coupe....

1979-86 ACCURATE (for its year) Mercury Capri....

1979-86 (prefer 85-86GT as none have ever been kitted) ACCURATE Mustang GT or LX....

....in 1/25th scale please!

There are so many I could list but the one's I would love to see the most would be.

1995 Ford Bronco so I could finally make a replica of my actual one! I know its possible to build one your self and I will eventually but a kit would be so much easier.

88-91 Honda Civic, both the SI hatchback and the Sedan. For some reason I love these year Honda's

91-92 Acura/Honda Integra, I always wondered why they never made this one.

If you had the choice to have a kit made, in any size, what would it be?

Mine would be a 1/12th scale Jeep YJ Wrangler. It would be fun to customize and detail at that scale, and then I could also make it into what I want my Jeep to look like.

Jordan, why not build a Tamiya 1/10 scale YJ? Their hardbody RC is very accurate & detailed, you'd have to do it curbside unless you cut open the hood & find yourself a 1/10 scale 4.0L, but at least you have a nice tub to start with! Full aftermarket support, could get pricey, but fully detailed! :)

Lots O' 1/10 scale YJs

The one I want the most is a 1/24 scale JK Wrangler.

Welly made a very nice 2-door JK 1/24 diecast, never sold in the USA, I got mine directly from China, will eventually do an Unlimited conversion...

WellydiecastJK.jpg

IMG_74792.jpg

IMG_74812.jpg

IMG_74822.jpg

IMG_74832.jpg

IMG_74842.jpg

And how she looks with bigger meats :huh:

IMG_74992.jpg

IMG_75022.jpg

How about a proper '69 Ford Torino GT fastback. The decal sheet would include instrument faces, four different stripe sets (red, blue, white and black) and engine bay markings. The engine choices would be a 390 or the 351 Windsor. Just thinkin'...

Or a new '34, by Revell, in the same vein as the '32. Maybe even pre-chopped.

You mean something like these?

HPIM1747.jpg

I know they quite as nice as the 32, but they ain't bad either! Here's a shot of the Cabriolet version.

HPIM1904.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

For what it is worth here is my list:

2006 Jeep Rubicon, 1980 Dodge Mirada, 1970 AMC AMX, 1968 AMC Javelin, 1971 Dodge Challenger, 1970 Dodge Charger, 1968 Dodge Coronet, AMC Gremlin, AMC Pacer, 1970 Plymouth Cuda, 2001 Ford F350, 1967 Ford Galaxie, 1967 Ford Fairlane, 1967 Ford Falcon, 1967 Mercury Cougar, 1968 Ford Torino, 1970 Plymouth GTX, 2011 Cadillac CTS-V, 1967 Pontiac Firebird, 1969 Pontiac Grand Prix, 1967 Pontiac Grand Prix, 1970 Oldsmobile 442, 1969 Oldsmobile 442, 1969 Buick Gran Sport, 1967 Chevrolet Camaro, 1967 Chevrolet Nova, 1967 Chevrolet Corvair, 1969 Mercury Cyclone and 2011 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport. I am sure there are more...

Well I given it serious suggestions thought time.

My choices would be:

1930 Miller Indy Car (hey it is the 100th anniversary....) see: http://www.google.com/images?q=miller+indy+car&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=768&bih=434

Scarab (I know Mini Exotics made one in resin) that's fully detailed see: http://www.arteauto.com/scarab-racelogoftheall-americanspecial1957-1965bookbyplerner.aspx

An ACCURATE Kurtis Kraft Indy Car see: http://www.sportscardigest.com/amelia-island-concours-delegance-corporate-award-winners/

Thanks for giving me a second dreamland vote.

Mine would be one with opening doors,hood and trunk and let's throw in the glovebox too.an incredibly detailed engine,hinges that work and look like real thing in scale. Let's also make this out of brass including a frame with working suspension.steering,and and and....... what's that nurse? ... oh it's time for my medication? Oh well Okay. B):unsure::(

After just briefly scanning the replies above, I have to agree with most of them! For me, the Corvair trucks stand out (Of course!) but I'd add the cars too. AMT's old '69 Monza coupe is nice enough, but I'd like to build a Sport Sedan without having to do all the work that goes into the conversion - I'm lazy that way! The "Early Models" - the 1960-64's - were only ever available as annuals, and were fairly simple curbsides, so I'd like to see full-detail versions of those in every bodystyle, please. The big Chevys all sound great too (the '59 wagon and '68-69 and '71-75 Impalas - for me, especially the '69). The Tucker 48 is high on my list. The "Boattail" Riviera would be great, and how about a '66 Toronado while we're talking about big coupes? I'd like to see a '49 Cadillac Sedanet. Here's one that I don't recall seeing on the list: a Chevelle Laguna from the mid-70's!

(Oh, was I supposed to keep it to just ONE???:D)

I would like the model companies to resume making annuals:

From GM:

Cadillac CTS-V, Excalade

GMC: Yukon, Dually truck

Chevrolet: Cruze, Pick-ups, Suburban including the Camaros and Vettes we already have.

Chryslers: Charger and Challengers and current pick-ups.

Ford: Focus, Fiesta, Mustangs, F-series trucks, etc.

Update these regularly like they used to and include current trend aftermarket parts like they used to.

Current and detailed kits of the Volkswagen family.

A proportionate well done '85-92 Golf and/or Jetta kit with engine and trim options.

Mk1 AND Mk2 Scirocco kit that won't cost an arm and a leg!

Kits for current Acura and Honda products with engine and wheel options.

A BMW or Cruze WTCC kit with full detail!

Bring back PARTS-PACKS with up-to date speed parts! Like Autocross and Time Attack parts-Wheels/tires and wings and airdams- functional tuner parts. not just ricer parts.

Mazda 3 or Mazda 2 kit.

Saleen S7 or Factory Five GTM.

What I really want is a well proportioned casting of a orange traffic cone - yea - the one used to usher traffic away from danger and used to mark Autocross courses.

I know we got the Revell '59 Caddy, but there are so many other cool bodystyles of those cars that would look great in kit form. An accurate '57 Caddy, maybe a '61-'63 Coupe deVille...They look great in stock form and are also catching on huge with the custom crowd now.

Not much in the way of new cars that I can think of as there aren't that many with a distinctive design with the exception of the cars already being put into kit form.