Model Cars Magazine Forum

'37 Chevy

crazyjim

Got this kit in a trade and I'm not sure what the frame is from. The paint is HOK Kandy purple over a silver basecoat and topped off with Tamiya clear pearl. Headlight are spotlights from somewhere. Big block Chevy engine from somewhere with polished aluminum tubing exhaust. I had to tub it to get those big M/T Sportsman tires from Ma's Resin underneath. Did a roll & pleated interior from Evergreen. The air cleaners & seats are my own castings. I rolled the rear pan under a little and cut in ovals for the taillights.

100_2684.jpg

100_2685.jpg

100_2701.jpg

100_2702.jpg

100_2703.jpg

100_2704.jpg

Got this kit in a trade and I'm not sure what the frame is from. The paint is HOK Kandy purple over a silver basecoat and topped off with Tamiya clear pearl. Headlight are spotlights from somewhere. Big block Chevy engine from somewhere with polished aluminum tubing exhaust. I had to tub it to get those big M/T Sportsman tires from Ma's Resin underneath. Did a roll & pleated interior from Evergreen. The air cleaners & seats are my own castings. I rolled the rear pan under a little and cut in ovals for the taillights.

100_2684.jpg

100_2685.jpg

100_2701.jpg

100_2702.jpg

100_2703.jpg

100_2704.jpg

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkiiiiiiiiiiiiiilllllllllllllleeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrr jim

Hey thanks guys.

The paint is HOK kandy purple that I got from TCP Global. I buy in 2 oz bottles already mixed.

The interior wasn't so bad. It was a fairly small tub to do. I did my best at making a polished aluminum tilt column. Came out pretty good, I think.

Thanks folks.

Neal, the shifter is a one piece out deal of the parts bin. I just painted the shifter knob red and the boot part semi-gloss black. One of my plans is to cast a shifter boot, drill it and glue a piece of wire and use several layers of Krystal Klear to make the shifter knob. Or maybe save some time and use those pins with the colored knob already there.

The dash & panel are part of the '37 Chevy kit. I should have molded and casted the instrument cluster.

And Neal, shifter boots are in the mold as we speak. Hopefully cast some tomorrow.

Yeh you should have, thanks for the info :)