Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get for Christmas?

I got A Pasta Boat ( As I love to cook all kinds of Pasta), A Yoshi Knife ( That's that new Ceramic knife that is suppose to last 10x longer than normal cooking knifes), A Wireless Mouse for my PC, Some Badly needed Clothes, and some Cologne. No kits this year, but then again I am still working on two ;) .

All of my family and most of my friends are basically broke this year, so I'm not getting much of anything, although one friend of mine gave me one of thos little clips-to-the-book reading light, which I'm enjoying using.

The one guy who's making any money (and still not all that much, he's climbing back out of the pit, too,) bought all his friends and family $5 lottery tickets; I ended up with two and won $15. I'll probably go pick up some odds and ends, or perhaps a kit.

What I do have- some fantastic friends who took me in for the day when most of my surviving relatives shut my dad and I out- that's a gift money could never buy.

Charlie Larkin

I got a new leather jacket, some timberland boots, call of duty: black ops and the two best of all a micromark gift card and a new digital camera(just when I figured out how to use the old one). No models yet though, but, my bro will be by tomorrow.

G,day , i got a couple of 1/18th diecasts , two haiwian shirts and most of all to spend the day with my family. Your right charlie 8575 there are some things money cant buy .Just sittin back and sweating in humid 31 degree celsius temp .

Friendly advice...

Please, take care of yourself. A recent joint study conducted by the Department of Health and the Department of Motor Vehicles indicates that 23% of traffic accidents are alcohol related. This means the remaining 77% are caused by people who just drink coffee, carbonated drinks, juices, yogurts, and stuff like that. Therefore, beware of those who do not drink alcohol. They cause three times as many accidents. This message is sent by someone who worries about your well being. :blink::)

Please, take care of yourself. A recent joint study conducted by the Department of Health and the Department of Motor Vehicles indicates that 23% of traffic accidents are alcohol related. This means the remaining 77% are caused by people who just drink coffee, carbonated drinks, juices, yogurts, and stuff like that. Therefore, beware of those who do not drink alcohol. They cause three times as many accidents. This message is sent by someone who worries about your well being. :blink::)

LoL...I've done my Xmas drinking at home..having some egg nog now, spiked w/ vodka.

My only model-related gift for Xmas is the new Fujimi Lotus 97t...alas, it just shipped from HLJ yesterday, so I won't have it until January.

Got a bunch of new Greenlight 1:64th diecast cars incl. the neat TRU Rte 66 set.

And some DVDs of '70s F1 racing footage..been enjoying those over the 3 day weekend..

Edited by Rob Hall

Some DVD's (Ghostbuster 1/2 box set, Steven Seagal Movie collection, Maverick, Bandit movie set with 7 movies written/directed/produced by Hal Needham, has the original Smokey and the Bandit's and 4 Stealth R/T Bandit movies) Got a copy of Fine Scale modeller, my first model mag ever, got a Monogram '55 F100, a 12 volt converter for my CB, 1 Gallon Air compressor so I can start airbrushing, some hunters orange clothing and Socks from my Grandmother which isn't a new thing, only every Christmas of mine and my dad's life :)

Nick

BTW was going to attach a picture but couldn't find the SD card thingy.

Edit found it

FILE1477.jpg

FILE1476.jpg

Edited by Nick Winter

I got a new sweatshirt from the vollie fire department my M-i-L sponsors via her regular patronage at their club (read private bar), which is cool cause it's the only piece of apparel they sell I hadn't got yet. I got several pair of flannel lounge/pajama pants and two great "anti-Christmas" shirts from my F-i-L/Step M-i-L. One is red and says Bah Humbug and the other is green and is the Grinch's face. :lol: My wife and I exchange goofy little stuff this year. I got her Sex and the City 2 DVD, and I got the WoW (World of Warcraft) Cataclysm Expansion a few weeks ago. My 8 year old split between us, "Santa", and 3 sets of grandparents could open a Toys 'R Us in her bedroom tonight!

We got some $$$ from those associated people and my parents as well. But oddly enough my parents gave us cash individually this year, usually they've been getting us gift cards to Lowe's or Home Depot, and I figured there'd be another one with a nursery to build. But I was pleasantly surprised with a cool, crisp $50. Since we each got separate money, I'm taking MY money, and MYSELF to the LHS on Monday and getting myself something nice for Christmas before it get's stolen and deposited and spent on something sensible like the phone bill or groceries :D

I got a tee shirt with instructions on what to do if someone is bitten by a zombie, and a Heaven & Hell CD (Dio & some of the Black Sabbath guys).

Oh, and a 2 year pay freeze from the president. Pretty much knew it was coming, but 2 days before Christmas? Kind of a Bah Humbug move there.

Considering that both my girlfriend and i can barely keep the roof over our heads and on christmas eve the repo people finally came and got my car. I wasn't expecting much in the way of christmas but my girl got me the AMT Chevy Titan 90.

Also I have to say thank you to the repo guy who drive 172 miles round trip on Christmas morning to bring back the gift I got for my girlfriend. It was in my trunk when they took the car and I didn't even think about it till she gave me my present. Bringing that gift back really made a depressing time of year for me a little brighter.

and i got an early x-mas present on the 23th at 12:09PM, he weighed in at 6lbs 13oz.

me and my new little boy!!! best xmas present ever!!!!! baby Raine Joseph Craig!

babyraine008.jpg

Congratulations, James! My daughter came on the 25th 34 years age so I know how that feels! :angry:

I have enough models for this and another lifetime. But being unemployed for about 3 years now I have a different perspective on things. I have a wonderful wife of 36 years, 2 great adult children, 2 beautiful grandaughters, and the greatest gift of all, Salvation. The rest is all smoke and mirrors.