Model Cars Magazine Forum

1979 Long Beach GP Ferrari 312 T4

curt raitz

Various028-vi.jpg

I've only had this model in my collection for the past 10 - 15 years

It's one of the builds I had to do...cuz I was at the Long Beach Grand Prix in 1979

Gilles Villeneuve became my favorite driver that weekend

of course it's the Tamiya kit in 1/12th scale...

Ferrari312T4_f-vi.jpg

Ferrari312T4_g-vi.jpg

Ferrari312T4_k-vi.jpg

Ferrari312T4_l-vi.jpg

Ferrari312T4_i-vi.jpg

Ferrari312T4_d-vi.jpg

Ferrari312T4_c-vi.jpg

Ferrari312T4_e-vi.jpg

Ferrari312T4_j-vi.jpg

toodles

thanx for lookin'

Edited by curt raitz

Very Nice!!!! I love the F1 cars and it is always interesting to see the different designs thru the yrs. I was at the LB GP in the early 80's while stationed there and fell in love with the JP Special, I just wish I had my old kit from when I was a teen, not even sure who made it but it was 1/16 scale i think.

Your model looks fantastic but I think this is the 1979 car in which Gilles captured the pole position, fastest lap and win at Long Beach. I was at the next race at Jarama Spain and was hoping Gilles would make it three in a row but the race was won by Patrick Depailler in a Ligier. As I was waiting for the bus back into Madrid Gilles walked by.I did wish him good luck in Monaco but have always regretted not asking for an autograph. He will always be missed.

File0026-vi.jpg

Your model looks fantastic but I think this is the 1979 car in which Gilles captured the pole position, fastest lap and win at Long Beach. I was at the next race at Jarama Spain and was hoping Gilles would make it three in a row but the race was won by Patrick Depailler in a Ligier. As I was waiting for the bus back into Madrid Gilles walked by.I did wish him good luck in Monaco but have always regretted not asking for an autograph. He will always be missed.

File0026-vi.jpg

Yes...you are quite correct, he did race the 312 T4 in 1979

I attended the races there from 1978 thru 1981, got my years mixed up

it's an adventure getting old...:)

Curt, great job as usual. I love all of those 312'2 with the huge Boxer 12. Very nice job. I plan on doing the 3 cars prior to this one over the summer this year in 1/20 scale. Ok, is that 1 done now?

yep, this one had been close to being done a couple of weeks ago

I was also working on a Brabham BT50 (1/20 Tamiya) and a 56 Tbird, but messed up the paint jobs on both...bad karma :(

so, I just got away from the bench for a couple of weeks

• 4 weeks later...