Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Draguar" MkII Jaguar

Chris C

G'Day,

Here's one of my favorite models, that I built a couple of years ago. I wanted to build an unlikely drag car, so why not a stately Jag with a blown 6 banger! It's Tamiya's MkII Jaguar body and engine, dropped over (and into) Revell's 57 Chevy Pro Sportsman chassis. They went together with very little fuss, surprisingly! The paint is Zero Jaguar Formula 1 Green with Tamiya pearl white graphics outlined in one shot enamel, then doused in 2K clear. The blower and hat are resin on a scratchbuilt manifold, the headers are styrene rod. I'm considering going back to this one to add some engine wiring to make it look a little busier up front.

Enjoy!

DSCF6227.jpg

DSCF6221.jpg

DSCF6223.jpg

DSCF6229.jpg

DSCF6231.jpg

DSCF6233.jpg

DSCF6218.jpg

DSCF6212.jpg

DSCF6173.jpg

DSCF6168.jpg

Thanks, people, the comments are appreciated!

Mark, I had considered the woodgrain, I was originally going to fit the whole Jag dash. Can't remember why I didn't..... Must be the same reason I didn't go to town on the wiring - LAZY!! I'm a little more inclined to go back to it now, you guys have spurred me on! Another thing I was going to add was some Draguar badging in place of the Jaguar badges. I've got an ALPS printer now & can do chrome decals, so that's on the cards too. May take a while, but Draguar 2.0 may happen....

Thanks Again!

Thanks, people, the comments are appreciated!

Mark, I had considered the woodgrain, I was originally going to fit the whole Jag dash. Can't remember why I didn't..... Must be the same reason I didn't go to town on the wiring - LAZY!! I'm a little more inclined to go back to it now, you guys have spurred me on! Another thing I was going to add was some Draguar badging in place of the Jaguar badges. I've got an ALPS printer now & can do chrome decals, so that's on the cards too. May take a while, but Draguar 2.0 may happen....

Thanks Again!

What kit did this body and engine come from, I really like this style Jaguar and would like to add one to my stash...

Hi Rob, the body and engine are Tamiya. There's 2 versions of the kit, stock and racing. The race one is pretty cool, comes with triple carbs which looks the goods!

TY... Gonna have to keep my eyes peeled for either kit on that evil auction site... B)

Amazing Jaguar! This is absolutely nicest Jaguar, ever made and this is a neat version of it. First, before engine picture I was thinking, that why the blower isn't center of the hood. But it's not a V8 engine! Nice work with it, and chassis seems to fit nicely to this body and of course that engine is nice. Paintjob is very good too, this is really eye candy. Thank you for sharing, more of these, please! :(