Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pro Touring Ventura GTO Judge

S. Svendsen

I love this build! So many times I have seen attempts to incorporate styling cues from older vehicles fail when applied to a more modern car, but you nailed it perfectly with this concept.

I love what you did with the wheels to make them appear larger and more modern, it certainly sets off the overall effect IMO. Awesome job!

I don't know what else to say. Mark said it very well. I also (as I'm sure many people) don't care for that body style. I always felt that when the muscle car era was over and everyone was being shut down by the government, they weren't having fun designing cars anymore, everyone gave up, and it shows. I think Mark used the term "stodgy", which is perfect. While none of these cars were out and out "ugly", they were just.......well, stodgy.

You on the other hand, were able to build upon the car's weak points and play upon it's strong ones. I could type for hours but the point is.......You took a stodgy car and made it into a mean-looking street machine/muscle car that shoulda been. VERY nicely done.

That model is all sorts of SICK and someone needs to build a 1:1!!!

Nice website and collection of models too by the way!

man this is great! i love making a better than the factory did, factory car out of factory parts(did ya follow that?). you really made a work of art out of a so-so car with big 'ol ugly bumpers. the rally's, the reworked spoiler, the shaker, and the pro-touring vibe make this incredible!