Model Cars Magazine Forum

Trevor who ???

I was going to write the same thing.

Me too!! That was a great finish and nice to see the Wood Brothers in Victory Lane, and the whole team has had a great Speed Weeks. How great is it too that Trevor won the Daytona 500 in only his second Sprint Cup start!?!?

How great is it to see the Wood Brothers and that famouse red and white #21 Ford back in Victory Lane? What a classy kid too. It is really refreshing to see a feel good story like this unfold. We saw both past history and a future star of the sport come together at the same place today. It don't get no better than that!

You know, I just thought of something, with as great a race that Trevor ran and the fact he has his name on the same trophy as many of the greatest names of NASCAR, do you think NASCAR might let him take the rookie stripes off the back of the car? :)

You know, I just thought of something, with as great a race that Trevor ran and the fact he has his name on the same trophy as many of the greatest names of NASCAR, do you think NASCAR might let him take the rookie stripes off the back of the car? :)

The question is are they going to break their rule about only getting points in one series. This is the typical thing that causes Nascar to become wishy washy. Just like they have done consistently with lowering and raising racers ages.

If I understand correctly, Trevor has already specified that his points from this race be awarded to the series he's racing in full time. I don't THINK those points can now be transferred, but who knows. It'll be interesting to see which direction this young driver's career takes now. I think it's way too early to tell or figure though...

Trevor's the kind of kid you'd want your daughter to meet, and the Wood brothers are class all the way. Twas a good day in NASCAR. The retro paint job on the 21 car was frosting on the cake. Great looking race car.

It was pretty funny wondering whether or not he'd know how to do the burn-outs and doughnuts afterwards.

It was pretty funny wondering whether or not he'd know how to do the burn-outs and doughnuts afterwards.

Not to mention he didn't even know how to get to Victory Lane, even though I think the commentator took the whole Victory Lane things he didn't know a little far. Come on, did we really need to know he had to be told to put the car in gear before he got out?

I don't want to get totally off topic because Trevor's win was pretty historic but I have to ask.

Since ALL three Daytona race winners were non-points drivers do you think the new points system works? Personally I think they should just limit each driver to a set number of out of series races or just not allow it at all. Anyone who watched the races saw barely there crowd for the truck and Nationwide races. Do high profile drivers really help all that much like Nascar claims?

But the car... what a pleasure to see it in classic Wood Brothers paint scheme and in victory circle at Daytona.

That's what I thought, too.

In fact, in most cases I think the simpler, old classic paint schemes are far more attractive and certainly more identifiable than the fancy-schmancy high-tech wrap jobs that most of the teams run these days. I can't wait to see somebody roll out a new COT Impala with the classic Smokey Yunic black & gold ...

B)

That's what I thought, too.

In fact, in most cases I think the simpler, old classic paint schemes are far more attractive and certainly more identifiable than the fancy-schmancy high-tech wrap jobs that most of the teams run these days. I can't wait to see somebody roll out a new COT Impala with the classic Smokey Yunic black & gold ...

B)

Wonder how closely the tech guys would look that one over :lol:

So who is going to be the first to do Trevor's car in model form?

It would be nice, but what kit and where would you get the right decals........

Even though Nascar has gone to "common template" cars, you'd have to do a lot of work to the AMT COT as they have changed from the wing back to the spoiler and they moved the splitter under the nose this year getting rid of the braces. Even the upper part of the nose would need some work to change it over from Chevy to Ford as that is the only place on the car that IS different.