Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Impala window Coach/Hearse

Now a few months later down the road i got side tracked with my twin's and got busy ! LOL! Here it is awaiting finial primer on the body work !

101_4831.jpg

101_4830.jpg

101_4828.jpg

101_4827.jpg

And then it hit me on the way this is going to be setting and looking !

101_4865.jpg

101_4864.jpg

What you guys thinks ? Pretty cool surf wagon don't you think?

Thanks for letting me share i'll be keeping you all updated on my project as i advance !

Get rid of the surf boards. Love the wide whites. Put in a stretcher and some lights on each corner. That would make a VERY nice

Ambulance conversion. Then get rid of the wide whites, go with a smaller white wall. Beautiful job on the conversion. Very nice

extended medium headroom ambulance.

I like the idea of the Hearse. Maybe its the just the morbid side of me.. but thats how I would roll it... fantastic job cutting and fusing the 2 bodies together.:D I look at alot of projects on this site.. and get rather disappointed at times, wondering if Ill ever be able to build like alot of you gentlemen.. but I try to be optimistic, and push foreward, thinking of new ideas, options, what can I do to push myself past my normal threshold on my projects. You guys do inspire me alot. :lol:

I'm gonna add some confusion here and go against the grain. Ditch the wide whites. Nothing after 1960 should have them IMO...especially a 1970 car! I was diggin' on the hearse idea and then you threw in the surf boards. How cool is that??!! Imagine a broke surfer, trying to open his own business of selling surfboards but the only thing he has been able to afford for transportation is an old hearse.....sweet! :D

Awesome build! The hearse you are building is known as a "limousine hearse". Are you going to add the rear side doors? I like Greg's idea... Poor surfer trying to make some cash so he can afford to buy a casket, turn it into a smoker, and make the hearse the ultimate tailgater...;)

Great concept, excellent execution so far! I'm loving it!!

The surfwagon application is too kewl! GO!

Just one thought ~ a suggestion.

Professional cars were based on mid-level models not top line performance coupes/hardtops.

Your hearse has an Impala rear bumper with three lights each side. Station wagons and professional cars would have only two lights each side, max, Bel Air style; and, lighting would never extend under the door/hatch. I'd recommend filling the center-most light sockets and rechrome the bumper, using just two lights each side. Besides more integrity with the concept, it would actually look better and more balanced.

Just my two centavos, man. Great project either way.

B)

Great job on the conversion! I'm glad to see I'm not the only Hearse Scratchbuilder around here. I like the "broke surfer" look with maybe some skinny white band tires, steel wheels, and hubz. Either way, it's your build, build it like you want. I love it! B)

Great! Those steelies are very nicely fitting to the body, which looks very good after lots of cutting. I like the idea with those surf boards are nice and I can't wait to see more. Maybe if that would be my project, I might chop the top. Not much, but just a little?

Ok i told you i would have updates so here they are !

I started bracing up the chassie to hide the cuts !

0082.jpg

Then i think i'm going this route as a surf shop wagon these are the ideas that i can't stop thinking about for this !

0042.jpg

0032.jpg

What you guys think about the rack and the coffin as a board holder also ! That way i can use the casket and the boards LOL !

0052.jpg

0062.jpg

0072.jpg

So i'm going to wrong way with it? Is the roof rack too much?

Thanks for letting me share!