Model Cars Magazine Forum

53 Stude Carrera-Panamericana racer 11/25

Jantrix

• 11 months later...

Well I am finally back at this one. I finished up the un-marked racer for the 2012 Cannonball on the SA forums, but now it's time to finish it into the Carrera-Panamerciana racer that I've wanted from the beginning. First up - seat belts and window nets.

2012-11-25105803.jpg

2012-11-25105826.jpg

2012-11-25105737.jpg

2012-11-25105720.jpg

Working on the decals now. More soon.

• 11 months later...

A full year since my last update. Sheesh. I'm such a knucklehead.

Finally. My Carrera Panamericana racer is all decaled up and ready for clear. If the clear goes south I will put a bullet in my brain. :angry: The decals for this have been such a trial I cant tell you. The hood is already cleared, so it "should" be okay. The Stude decal on the hood, the Carrera logos behind the door and the roof decal I made on my printer and they are four footers. Which means they look great from four feet away or more. More soon. I have this week off so with a little good fortune, I might finish it soon.

2013-11-25171435_zps5fb8ccb8.jpg

2013-11-25171445_zpsea129bf0.jpg

2013-11-25171502_zps14c2593f.jpg

More soon. Hopefully.

Looks great and I love the really-real race car touches like the rolling stock and stance. The decals look good so far. Looking back through the thread it seems like you have done all your own decals. How are you managing the white parts? Are some from various decal sheets? A few pages back you showed the graphic for the CP race number shield and it seems like you were printing it yourself. Do you have a printer that will do that or are you using an inkjet and layering clear and white decals? Whatever the combination the overall decal scheme has great impact and complements the car beautifully.

Thanks Bernard. The roof decal, side Carrara decals and the Stude "S" on the hood are the only printed decals. Everything else is from various decal sheets. They are printed onto white decal paper with an inkjet. The results are less than stellar, but I'm dog tired of this build languishing for well over three years. I'm very glad you like the overall effect. I chose each decal and it's location carefully to reach an aesthetically pleasing image. The roof decal sort of breaks it up, but I really wanted one.

I sure hope the clearing goes well tomorrow. I'm going to take my time and throw a lot of light coats before I throw a wet coat.

Well gang the clear is laid. Only a couple small decals lifted a bit but they laid back down. There is just a slight ripple that you cannot see with the naked eye, but can feel with your finger. Aside from that, looks BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH near perfect. I won't waste time with new photos yet, just imagine the other shots with body the same level of gloss as the hood. I'm pretty happy with it.