Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT50 Chevy Rat-Dubbed QCUMMBER

raymanz

I,started with the AMT 50 Chevy truck kit. First I,cut the doors open then I got out the dremel and hogged out the rear fenders. Next I,laid down a coat of rust colored primer and a coat of yellow followed.Since I,had no rubber cement I used some white glue in spots where I wanted primer to show thru.Next I,shot a coat of green primer.After all this dried I started peeling off the glue spots to bring up what was underneath. After getting a fairly good weather job on the body, I moved to the insides,First came the Mexican blanket on the seat,then the Tall skullhead shifter. Happy with the results there I moved on to lowering it to where I can barely get a piece of paper underneath it.Finally I, started piecing it together and doing some real rust washes and weathering.Added a shop rag to gas filler neck-Last came the lic.plate,so I took a decal plate and cut out the lettering and made the word QCUMBER as I thought this was what the truck reminded me of. Hope ya like it,?'s and comments Welcome-Thankspics008.jpgpics001.jpgpics006.jpgpics010.jpgpics005.jpgpics007-1.jpgpics007-2.jpgpics004.jpgpics023.jpgpics007.jpg

Edited by raymanz

I,started with the AMT 50 Chevy truck kit. First I,cut the doors open then I got out the dremel and hogged out the rear fenders. Next I,laid down a coat of rust colored primer and a coat of yellow followed.Since I,had no rubber cement I used some white glue in spots where I wanted primer to show thru.Next I,shot a coat of green primer.After all this dried I started peeling off the glue spots to bring up what was underneath. After getting a fairly good weather job on the body, I moved to the insides,First came the Mexican blanket on the seat,then the Tall skullhead shifter. Happy with the results there I moved on to lowering it to where I can barely get a piece of paper underneath it.Finally I, started piecing it together and doing some real rust washes and weathering. Last came the lic.plate,so I took a decal plate and cut out the lettering and made the word QCUMBER as I thought this was what the truck reminded me of. Hope ya like it,?'s and comments Welcome-Thanks pics008.jpgpics023.jpgpics010.jpgpics007-2.jpgpics004.jpgpics005.jpgpics007.jpg

pics no worky

I had wondered if using white glue on a car would work for weathering. Your build has proved that that method does work. Looks great, just like a well used old truck. Thanks for the post and the white glue method. I will try it on one of my projects now. Patrick M