Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Daytona Pro Mod 1/16th scale updated 4/3/12 ..It's a wrap!

Romell, a little issue i've had with the Scale Motorsports stuff. i'm far from a professional here but i thought i'd mention it because it's happened to me on a few occasions. if you leave any of the Microsol puddled on the decals as they dry and shrink down, it leaves a mark where it was. i had thought that it may clean off but i havent had luck with that at all and if you clear over the mark it doesn't go away either, tried that too ;) i'd recommend making sure there is no Microsol or solvent sitting on the surface of the decal as it dries, at least as a puddled area or spot.

Thx Dave I appreciate that tid bit I'll make sure to wipe it clean. B)

How about the price of those Slixx decals? And where I can get them? They are looking very good, and what I've heard, they are good quality too... Those sponsor decals are always very important, it's great to have few of them waiting for a model...

Great work so far, as always! Those four link mountings are looking really good so far. I like the frame construction, this one inspires me to continue my '63 Impala Pro Street with tube frame, I made from brass. Also I'd like to start my '60 Impala Pro Streeter... Lots of models to be done, but so little time for them all...

How about the price of those Slixx decals? And where I can get them? They are looking very good, and what I've heard, they are good quality too... Those sponsor decals are always very important, it's great to have few of them waiting for a model...

Great work so far, as always! Those four link mountings are looking really good so far. I like the frame construction, this one inspires me to continue my '63 Impala Pro Street with tube frame, I made from brass. Also I'd like to start my '60 Impala Pro Streeter... Lots of models to be done, but so little time for them all...

The Slixx decals can be found at http://www.slixx.com and the price is very resonable, these are some of the better decals on the market, when i talked to the owner he informed me that the decals are done by a professional silk screening company. And get back to work on the those projects times a wastin! B)

Hey Guys time for another update. I was able to get the 4 link braces on the rear end housing and i attached the brackets to the chassis. I also used a blueing chemical to blue the chassis to a gunmetal blue color anyway nough said on to the pics.....enjoy! ;)

rearblue002.jpg

a mock up .....

rearblue003.jpg

rearblue003.jpg

Here I have the battery holders soldered on ....

rearblue008.jpg

rearblue010.jpg

heres a mock up for ya.......

rearblue011.jpg

Heres a lil bit more .........

Here im using a chemical to Blacken or Blue the brass I wanted it to be close to a gunmetal blue. This is the same chemical used to blue guns and rifles. You have to rub the chemical on the brass , then rinse and buff . And repete untill you get the color you want. here it looks black but as you add more coats the color changes.

rearblue012.jpg

incase you wanted to know what im using.....

rearblue013.jpg

rearblue014.jpg

Stay tunned for more tomarrow.....

I love these updates.... Amazing workmanship.

I'm anxious to see the final color on the brass too! Great job.

Well thx for the compliments myfriend. I had this puppy looking good fellas, but sometimes I can get in my own way, meaning i just dont know when to quit sometimes. Well this was one of those times. i over buffed the blueing and messed it up. So I primered this baby up and hit it with a coat of Alclad magnesium and then shot Tamiya clear blue on top of that. I think it looks pretty good what do you think?

Alclad Magnesium

Paintedchassis001.jpg

Paintedchassis002.jpg

Tamiya Clear Blue

Paintedchassis005.jpg

Paintedchassis004.jpg

I'll have more for ya soon. :D

Edited by Aftashox

now that it's painted, how are you going to add in the missing tubes? :huh:

You know I thought about that last night after I finished, and ive come up with an answer. There is only one tube missing and its on the very top where it wont be seen , but anyway I'll have to scrap the paint off where the piece will be soldered on, then i'll attach heatsinks to the chassis on both sides of the scrap, this will keep the heat of the solder from ruining the paint. Then I'll mask the area and spray the new tube and solder joints. Simple :P

Edited by Romell R

Sitting here going thru the forums...came across your "Daytona Pro Mod"..and that is all i have to say...For i am just lost for words...I could never imagine such a build...That you have there is ** Beautiful **

Sitting here going thru the forums...came across your "Daytona Pro Mod"..and that is all i have to say...For i am just lost for words...I could never imagine such a build...That you have there is ** Beautiful **

They say "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder " then i say i like what your eyes have seen. Thx Don :rolleyes:

I had to lift my jaw off my keyboard after reading this post.

All I can say is Wow!!

You are a true master modeller and an inspiration to all.

Can't wait to see the finished project.

Rob

Thx Rob I hope I can keep things interesting for ya , and thx for following along.

Well fellas i didnt have much I could do today , so I decieded I'd build the wheelie bars, well i'd start them anyway cause i forgot I didnt have everything i needed to finish them. LOL! but anyway here what i got done today.......

the bottom half

wheeliebars001.jpg

then this was used to make the brackets that will hold the wheels on.

wheeliebars003.jpg

here those bracket have been added

wheeliebars005.jpg

heres a with view with em hooked up to the rear axel the top bars have been cut but cant be added untill my hardware comes in the mail this week.......

wheeliebars008.jpg

and heres a couple mock up for ya......

wheeliebars010.jpg

wheeliebars011.jpg

Edited by Aftashox

Romell... I have been away from the boards for a little bit with family in town. You have been making some great progress my friend. It is looking fantastic. Those rims are awesome and I am going to have to talk to Jim about some. I am hoping to get some more work done on my 1/16 scale funny car build. going to be pulling some of it back out to work on later today. that rear end looks great too with all of the stuff that Robert from RB Motion makes. I have a bunch of his A/N Fittings and Rod ends for my build too. Can't wait to see the next update from you.

Hi Romell:

All I can say is WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW keep up the great work the brass work is amazing. Would be great idea if someone would do a how too on this it would open alot of doors for model car and truck builders. Well keep up the good work I don`t care what some people say I think it is amazing.

John Pol