Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Daytona Pro Mod 1/16th scale updated 4/3/12 ..It's a wrap!

Thx go out to Chris & John for your kind words :lol:

Hey fellas i have a small update (And I do mean small) I went out and purchased a package of cheap tooth brushes so i can make the wheels for the wheelie bars. the color of the plastic is very close to 1:1 wheelie wheels. So lets get to it shall we.

The pack had four differant colors so i decieded to go with the orange.

wheeliewheels001.jpg

the size wheel im shooting for is 13/64th very close to scale , this staedtler combo circle template will help me with accuracy.

wheeliewheels003.jpg

I drill a hole in a small piece of the plastic then fasten it to the cutting wheel chuck of my dremel , then I used jewellers files to get the plastic into shape. as you can see in the back ground I already have the first wheel done.

wheeliewheels006.jpg

here we have all the pieces and the final product...

wheeliewheels008.jpg

the wheels have brass tube inserted as a axle....

wheeliewheels007.jpg

Stay tunned for more tomarrow :D

Preetttty smart idea Romell! The little wheels look perfect! I would have probably robbed the tiny wheels from one of those "finger" skate boards. I wonder if they have translucent wheels on those?

Love the progress! Amazing skills Dude.....&^%$#$% amazing. 4_17_10.gif

Hey thx bro for your sincere compliment..:lol:

Well fellas Im back with another update. I painted the motor parts and detailed with bolts made by my good friend Robert of RB Motions if youd like to purchase some of his good visit him at Http://www.rbmotion.com now on to the pics.

This is a resin Pro Mod hemi from Flashpoint Motor sports http://flashpointmot...s.com/Index.asp here its primered and ready for color.

motor1002.jpg

Blower scoop with carbon fiber decals from Scale motor Sports http://www.scalemotorsports.com

motor1009.jpg

Heres some of the etail work done on the blower , oil pan & block

motor1012.jpg

motor1013.jpg

motor1014.jpg

motor1016.jpg

stay tuned for part II of this update...:lol:

Edited by Aftashox

Welcome to Part II "COILOVERS"

LOL! I started out with aluminum tubing and a tap & dye set ok on to the pics enjoy.....B)

lets start with these....

motor1003.jpg

And this.....

motor1004.jpg

I used an M5X.08 max die to cut threads on the outside of the 1/8 diameter aluminum tube

motor1005.jpg

make sure you use cutting oil now.

motor1006.jpg

well sorry i didnt do more of a tutorial , but if you have any questions feel free to ask i'll do my best to answer them for you.

heres the bottom parts of the coilovers

coils002-1.jpg

stay tuned and well put the coil overs together and get the wheelie bars done too.....B)

Rommel! What a great idea on the coil overs. They look fantastic! What did you use for the adjusting nut?

Scott

Hey Scott I used a larger diameter piece of aluminum tube and threded it on the inside, then cut it to size. :lol: