Model Cars Magazine Forum

MINI STYLE 06 CUSTOM MUSTANG

Well i can't seem to stop and complete the projects i already have going i have to go and start another 1 ! :lol: My older brother was a big mustang fan! He collected hot wheels, pictures, books,1/18th diecast, and had always wanted to get him self 1 but sad news was brought to use on Dec 13, 2008 with a phone call at 10pm that my brother had lost his life at the young age of 34yrs ! I had always dreamed have helping him get his dream car. He wasn't much into modeling but i do remember building a few kit together when were kids ! This project here is for him and is something i wish he could have enjoyed when he was with use !

I started with the base 06 mustang GT kit the did some window treatments , added a full hand made body kit , 2009 shelby style rear fin , custom 20" donk wheels from revell with revell tuner tires , made a custom rear tail light set up , reshaping the lower grill in the front bumper to fit a ture billet grill , the full grill will also be billet ! I still plan to do some work around the headlight area and the interior will get some updated also ! But enough with my story here are the pics !

mustangs011.jpg

mustangs010.jpg

mustangs009.jpg

mustangs008.jpg

mustangs007.jpg

mustangs006.jpg

mustangs005.jpg

mustangs004.jpg

mustangs003.jpg

mustangs002.jpg

Even if your gone brother i always love you and think of you ! Chad Irwin 1-23-74 = 12-13-08

Looks good, I like the way you did the quater glass it opens up the interior. All the mods look great.You could pass this off as Mercury cougar concept the way the rear tail lights are.Your brother would be proud. You always do great work. Keep it up.

Challenger tail-lights meet the Mustang.........interesting. While I am a Mustang guy, I must admit to not caring too particularly for the 05-09 styling, and the '10+ looks better (minus the gaysauce tail light treatment). I do like your body kit and attempt at the 1983-84 GT reverse-facing hood scoop on the newer body. Keep at the build, I for one am watching.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Whats up everyone ! I am still doing some work on this 1 just haven't took new pics yet ! At this point i got 2 hood built still dont know exactly which 1 i want to use on this build yet cause i seem to have also started a second project at the same time LOL ! I started working on a drop top LOL! I get ideas in my head and i just seem to roll with them so my bench get a little clustered from time to time with out any control so i get lost real easy but i will have new pics come wednesday !

OK as i promised here are pics of the 2 hoods i built up. I dont know which hood will be on this build just yet cause i got the drop top in the works also but here are some pics !

003.jpg

001.jpg

004.jpg

and here is the other 1 !

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

The cowl hood is not drastic like an outlaw style i just wanted something to look tough but not gottie !

Thanks for lookin ! I got the body in primer now to see where i need to add filler so i can really start movin on this project and get it done .

Tough call. They both look good. Mmmmmmm - cowl induction.

Thanks Jim. Yea i look the cowl hood but to me it looks better on the drop top i have a few more kits i might open and build a 2nd cowl that way they might both ware them. I was tring to make the other hood look like the new 11-12 gt's it looks good to me but like you said the cowls just look mean on this car !

• 1 month later...