Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hyattsville, MD Ford Taurus Interceptor "Concept"

miatamadman

I just had to see how this would look. This started of life as the Motormax Police Interceptor Concept car. I painted the hood, roof, trunk and side stripes using Krylon spray. After I finished painting and decaling the body, I found out I used the wrong color blue. Either way, I kind of like this color better. Trim rings were simulated using bare metal foil. Panel lines were highlighted with a black wash.

IMG_6083-vi.jpg

IMG_6086-vi.jpg

I stripped the paint from the lightbar and repainted it with tamiya clear red blue and yellow. I then painted the seperation lines between the lenses and topped the light bar with a piece of silver vinyl trim tape.

The license plate reader lenses are one of my computer genreated goodies. With a little detailing, these l ight bars turn out fantastic! I still need to add the tie down clamps for the lightbar.

IMG_6088-vi.jpg

Pushbar strobes were painted silver then topped with dabs of clear epoxy

IMG_6090-vi.jpg

A rear partition was scratchbuilt as were the window bars.

IMG_6094-vi.jpg

Finally, the spotlight was added to the A-Pillar with the mandatory stalk and hand grip

IMG_6091-vi.jpg

Well Wal*Mart has been carrying them, but so far I've only found the black slicktop unmarked version there.

Jeff Halpern at www.policecarmodels.com has all of the version in stock.

Zoli -- Nice job, I like that blue better than Hyattsville's current cars too! I notice you didn't strip this one. Didn't want to have that fight again? B):D