Model Cars Magazine Forum

Harley Davidson Top Fuel 1/4 Mile Drag Bike

Hello.....this started out as a Revell 1/12 scale Chopper kit........I converted the Evolution engine into a water cooled ShovelHead engine.....scratch built frame and body.....alot of scratch built stuff to many to mention.......wired and plumbed with "Pro Tech" parts: braided line,rubber fuel line,t`fittings,gauges,detailing wire,nut`s and bolt`s,body fasteners ......H.O.K. white base coat with sunset pearl and Tamiya light green......Slixx decals combined with Revell chopper kit decals........"Flashpoint Resins" rear slick......if you would like to see how I built this bike you can see it in the "workbench" section.......thank you for looking.

DSCF9614.jpg

DSCF9628.jpg

DSCF9634.jpg

DSCF9648.jpg

DSCF9661.jpg

DSCF9616.jpg

DSCF9618.jpg

DSCF9651.jpg

DSCF9643.jpg

DSCF9623.jpg

Edited by John Teresi
  • Like 1

Another fantastic treat from your work bench and another reminder that the rest of us need to try harder.

unbelievably detailed and realistic, and your photographic skills make it all the sweeter.

I hate to think how lost we'll all be if you decide to take a break B)

Looking anxiously forward to the next one.

Edited by Alyn

AWESOME build as usual John!! Your quality,attention to detail,cleanliness and just shear speed at which you build is unmatched. You are the master!!

John, I forgot if you already mentioned this or not... but is that a model of a real bike or one you "made up?" Either way, it's fantastic. Totally off the charts! :)

Harry........just a "made up" bike from a couple dozen pictures off the web.......my idea for the paint.......thank`s.

Edited by John Teresi

Harry........just a "made up" bike from a couple dozen pictures off the web.......my idea for the paint.......thank`s.

Your eye for detail is amazing. This could have been a "Real or Model" subject.

One more question... you used Alclad for all the "chrome," right? What do you use as a base under the Alclad?

Your eye for detail is amazing. This could have been a "Real or Model" subject.

One more question... you used Alclad for all the "chrome," right? What do you use as a base under the Alclad?

Harry.....the base is "Osh" brand black enamel spray paint......with RM 3 part clear coat........then the Alclad......thank`s

AWESOME John!!!!! Geez, I feel off of my chair!! Hey man, how the heck did ya do the drive belt??? that looks real!!! Sixx

Derrik......I used medical bandage wrap........i cut a piece...... folded it in 1/2 to the size i needed.......then painted one side with "Folk Art" black acrylic water based paint......then on other side.......I painted light grey "FolkArt" ............. from Michaels crafts store......cost around 89 cents a bottle...... then on the grey side I drew with a fine black ink pen lines that would appear to be groves in the belt.......I kinda messed that up though .......i drew the lines on it after I had .glued it to the pulleys ......i should have drawn the lines on it before I glued it down......they would have looked straighter.......I could fix it but......when the shield cover is on you can`t see the crooked lines......thank