Model Cars Magazine Forum

Proposed new forum topic

Skip,not sure if you are half-joking or not, but I do think it would be worth considering, as long as those General Lees can be joined by other TV and film vehicles. :lol:

You're right, Chuck, I am only half-joking. I honestly wonder if it shouldn't be a topic in itself.

Can it be added right next to the "Only here for the praise and glory, so don't you dare say anything bad about my model" section??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

i thought that was already the sub theme of the "On The Workbench" section :lol:

I dunno. Couldn't they just make that the sub-theme of the same thread?

Not really, some but not all of the "look at me, but don't tell me what's wrong" type build General Lees. Of course it doesn't mean somenody couldn't use a General Lee as their first attempt at a General Lee and build it their way!

Somehow, not sure why, but I feel responsible for the current "GL focusing" that has been recently going on here.... :)

Hoping that feeling will pass..... SOON...... :lol:

EDIT: and YES PLEASE on a movie - TV car thread. Like to see some more "Bandit", "Bullitt", "Crazy Larry", "Stuntman Mike", "A-Team", "Vanishing Point" builds grouped together.... WITH General Lee's......

Edited by Drake69

I actually think haveing at least a movie/tv car thread is a good ideam since some complain alot about threads about the General Lee, and yet CONTINUE to read them. :)

Gregg won't do it. When we set up this forum we looked at all the currently existing forums and he decided early on that the structure shouldn't be too tall or fractured up too much. Having to scroll down past a bunch of topic sections to get to the right one when building a Lowrider vs. Firetruck seemed at the time to be the leading desire. When most of the time the subjects can be pretty well divided into car, truck, working on and finished!

Sometime check out 'The Model Builders' forum and see what I mean. They have a section and sub sections for everything! Takes a couple minutes to scroll down past them all and many are simply repeats divided into sub categories. It's baffling.

Most of those sections have only a few topics in them anyway. Here you can pick the "on the work bench" and do keyword searches quickly.

This is not only the best model car forum in the industry because of the people but because it is logically laid out and well moderated.

Gregg won't do it. When we set up this forum we looked at all the currently existing forums and he decided early on that the structure shouldn't be too tall or fractured up too much. Having to scroll down past a bunch of topic sections to get to the right one when building a Lowrider vs. Firetruck seemed at the time to be the leading desire. When most of the time the subjects can be pretty well divided into car, truck, working on and finished!

Sometime check out 'The Model Builders' forum and see what I mean. They have a section and sub sections for everything! Takes a couple minutes to scroll down past them all and many are simply repeats divided into sub categories. It's baffling.

Most of those sections have only a few topics in them anyway. Here you can pick the "on the work bench" and do keyword searches quickly.

This is not only the best model car forum in the industry because of the people but because it is logically laid out and well moderated.

Very, very true.

Where would one post a VW Firetruck Lowrider?

you mean there are....others ?

I think we should first discuss whether it's appropriate to display them with the flag on the roof, or not.

lets meet in the middle, you can put the flag on the roof...but only on the inside

I think we should first discuss whether it's appropriate to display them with the flag on the roof, or not.

What is wrong with the Confederate Flag! It is part of history now! It shows the meaning of Southern Heritage! Gosh!

:wub::rolleyes::wub:

Edited by Mississippi Resins