Model Cars Magazine Forum

Show Yer Drag Racers!

SuperStockAndy

Guys...I do know about the distributor...don't forget..I've been around drag racing for over 40 years. I figured that's what you were going after Chris but I can see that this one is clearly mounted to the front of the intake manifold. I was just wondering why you had mounted it there that's all. I thought maybe you had a poor photo somewhere and you were under the impression that was how it was supposed to be mounted. Thanks for your explanation. ;)

"I found a couple of detailed pictures online that demonstrates this better. Pretty cool innovation."

Indeed it is. One place I can think of that this setup would really help is the classic Big Block in a Tri-five Chevy where there is no room for the distributor at the firewall!

Hey Terry, no one said you didn't know about the distributor placement. Dave was actually informing those of us that don't know how it works. :) I am pointing the finger directly at myself here!

• 2 months later...

I would have to say, that my overall favorite build of Daryl's has got to be that '58 Plymouth Fury, it's just beautiful, 2nd would have to be his Oakley Camaro.

Hope you don't mind my piggy backing on your post Richard. Just wanted to say that I agree, that Fury is a beast! Thank you for posting the photos of Daryl's work Wayne. He is a monster builder and so are you!-Mark

Still lookin' KILLER Rom!, how did it do in the show?, win anything? (yeah, like it wouldn't!)

Nah didnt win a thing , I found out after the show it was disqualified for the size of the base. but I still had a ball win or lose. On the other hand though my ford F350 got a Masters award for "best engine in show" who knew?

I know we're showing off drag stuff but I thought I would show a few of these shots since we're talking about it. This is Daryl's garage diorama that I believe Dave is referring to. He created it and then used it to photograph many of his drag builds. Awesome detail.

models1761-vi.jpg

models1742-vi.jpg

models1805-vi.jpg

models1772-vi.jpg

models2430-vi.jpg

This is the most realistic garage diorama I've ever seen, it's light years ahead of anything else I've seen in terms of detail.