Model Cars Magazine Forum

1961 Chevrolet Impala 2dht

Thor

Hi

I just completed this one. B)

A 1961 Chevrolet Impala 2dht buildt from a lindberg kit mostly out of the box. changed the valve cover for better looking one from a amt 58 impala and wheels from parts box.

First try on PE inside and outside.

august2011_003.JPG

august2011_002.JPG

august2011_009.JPG

august2011_011.JPG

Looks exceptionally nice! Love the color combination. And your foiling job is outstanding! I was building one of these but got stalled because the foiling didn't come out right, then I broke one of the rear axle shafts tring to put the tires on, so I set it all aside for a while.

409 looks really amazing! Just like real. The color of it seems to be pretty nice and detailing is great. I like that air cleaner. Looks like, it can be looking good when painted black. Model is nicely built anyway, but I'm not a fan of those wheels, especially under X-Frame Chevy. (not an personal attack.) It's nicely built anyway. :unsure:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi. thanks for nice words. :D

Anyway, i had to redo the grill. one of the headlight`s turned black (dont know wy...) But i stripped the kit chrome and cut away the grill for use of the pe grill piece from the MCG set.

THis is first time i tried the alclad II. I think it came out nice.

http://home.online.no/~ogranhe/artimages/september_2011_018.JPG

Edited by Thor