Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ya, those 500s can even blow the modern 450s out of the water! I think that a 300 would be the magic number for moto, just because it can be quick, without tiring you out as bad as a 500 does. The vibrations get a little crazy! :blink:

simonr, on 19 Sept 2011 - 10:16 PM, said:snapback.png

1988 Porsche 944

1985 Honda CRX

2009 Maybach

Wife 1995 Toyota Corolla

Simón P. Rivera Torres

2009 Maybach..........Vaya Chuchin!!!! :lol:

I'm more impressed with the '88 944! I had 5 924/944's and the '88 944 the longest ... 8 years..They just LASTED with little problems. The galvanized body lasted every New England winter withour a spot of rust, being driven all winter. They were all my only car and driver every day.

How many miles on that puppy, Simon? I'm sure salt isn't a problem, as far south as you are ... or is ocean salt the problem there?

Edited by Foxer

awesome car dinky that "seat is one hot looking hatch! 5 or 6 speed? or auto? natural aspiration? any turbo or anything of those likes? that looks very similar to some of the gm models here in the us can't put my mind to it right the minute though maybe the chevy aveo hatchback perhaps but that might be smaller than the seat Very Cool Car!!

This is my car, Seat Leon TDI.

img0442w.jpg

awesome car dinky that "seat is one hot looking hatch! 5 or 6 speed? or auto? natural aspiration? any turbo or anything of those likes? that looks very similar to some of the gm models here in the us can't put my mind to it right the minute though maybe the chevy aveo hatchback perhaps but that might be smaller than the seat Very Cool Car!!

Thanks Daniel, I'm still very happy with it :)

It was the fastest Seat diesel engine when it came out, its manual 6 speed turbo diesel.

In Holland about 90% of the cars are manual instead of automatic.

My daily driver is a 1981 Holden WB panel van.

Here she is.

wwbb_zps8c644f42.jpg

Hi Rob,

Is this the same as the one Max had in the first Mad Max film, even if it isn't she is a beauty...

Andy...

She sure is Andy, Max drove a Holden van in MM1, slightly earlier model than mine but the same body shell and shape.

Just bought it. A 2014 Subaru Crosstrek.

This isn't a picture of mine, though it's the exact same one i have, color and all.

0.jpg

My Wife's daily driver - Mazda Protoge 5

123811d1256237082-2002-mazda-protege5-im

My daily driver before we had a cold spell. 97 Ford Ranger XLT.

There was too much water, not enough antifreeze in the system and it froze and expanded. I thought i'd flushed all the water out of the system before the cold spell hit, but the next morning at 8 degrees F all heck broke loose. I think the water pump and heater core need replaced, it has a coolant leak now. I didn't want to pay the money for repairs so i bought a new car.

950532F0-B12F-4A37-AB79-9260DB68B13C_1.j

Edited by DirtModeler

DSC00302-vi.jpg

With the current theme of snow, here's my 1991 Geo Tracker 4x4 convertible. I bought it new and it has something like 240,000 miles on it, but who's counting?

Mvc001s-vi.jpg

1996 Grand Caravan Mark III Hightop. This was Caravan number three and we bought it new. Back then I'd buy a new Caravan everytime one had mileage in the 80s since it still had good trade in value. We just kept this one, mileage around 185,000 right now.

MVC005S-vi.jpg

The Breezes - We had this bookend pair, both bought with mileage around 30,000 and paid $4200 each for them a year apart. The red one was mine and died around 198,000 miles. The gold one has about 145,000 on it now and drives like new. My wife drives it to work.

IMG_1560-vi.jpg

My 2000 Jaguar S Type and TJ The Wonder Dog! We treated ourselves to this 30,000 mile car a few years ago. It's our special outing car.

DSC00009-vi.jpg

My 1995 Celica convertible... which is currently stored in the garage of my house back in NJ. There was nothing wrong with it, just didn't need it last winter and didn't go get it this past year. Will retrieve it again in the spring. Now the mind boggler. This photo was taken on the waterfront in Union Beach, NJ. See next photo for a post Hurricane Sandy shot...

IMG_2721-vi.jpg

This was right after the hurricane. All of these buildings have since been demolished

DSC00003-vi.jpg

And maybe one more... The house with the whale on the side is waterfront...

IMG_2677-vi.jpg

Yes this whole town was devastated. The interesting part is that its on the bay, not the ocean. The good news is that the entire area has been scraped to bare earth except for a few modern buildings that survived like that big house in the background. So soon that entire beach town will be brand new.

I'm really late to the party on this one...but pics I mostly don't have.

08 Malibu LTZ-Daily Driver

03 Cavalier-Beater

87 S10 Blazer-Project

08 Equinox-Wife's Vehicle

98 S10-Show Truck (My Avatar)

Edited by Skydime

in a perfect world we'd have a garageful of bikes....!

my last bike was a XT 350, right amount of power for the bush, but sadly lacking in susp & frame

mind you, riding like this didn`t help it....

attachicon.gif035_opt.jpg

been on the quad for a few yrs now-ehhh, not crazy about it, just TOO SLOW!!! too HEAVY!!, you don`t work your way threw the bush, you bash a path threw. incredible how proliferent atv`s have become in the last 20 yrs.

i am seriously considering giving my son my wolverine, selling his outlaw, & buying a 4 stroke 250 for riding with them, & keep my kx for days i want to ``point & shoot`` ride!

Ok, I finally can quote posts again! I would definitely give the quad away, two wheels are a lot more versitle than four. Luckily, the newer bikes can take some abuse! B)

Converted_file_056d8f2b_zps91c0a3d4.jpg