Model Cars Magazine Forum

i also have a fun project just to tinker with a oldtimer honda cm 250 i could buy for almost nothing and totally original and running perfect

bought it like this , no road tax its a official oldtimer , adn very low budget with old parts from several honda bikes started to change it

dsc05008h.jpg

took a oldskool honda dirtbike front wheel (much bigger) and redid the drumbrake and painted it

1008550.jpg

dropped the rear to the ground with hagon shocks , thought of hardtailing it but i just wanted to make it in a simple grocery getter

its just as hard now as a hardtail these shocks are almost solid lol

1008775r.jpg

1008779s.jpg

1008777.jpg

then went for more black , lowered front legs , rubber sleeves , painted teh headlight black

that handlebars are not .. just for a test on hight

1009497f.jpg

1009498.jpg

low stance and a very small bike , i'm riding that with a hoody / sneakers and a metal flake helmet

1009503g.jpg

1009507c.jpg

rear wheel painted black

1009523.jpg

so well this summer i need to continue it , needs a new fatter front tyre , going to black it out but do the tins in metal flake

some flake grips and footpegs ..

al in all so far this whole bike cost me 500€ thats purchase , parts and all thats roughly just under 650 us dollar but that gave me a lot of fun :lol:

I Like.....I Like.......I Like....That Bike...That is right up my alley....Yes those were the days.... B)

Very Cool....

Cheers Don

my current daily driver is a result of increased taxes , expansive mortgage and ffueal prices ... so i went small and wanted something fuell efficient but still kind of fast and not something you see on the road every day ...

so i went suzuki and bought a ignis sport .. just a road legal go kart .. corners like .... and the performance isnt bad ..in fact most big cars cant keep up :lol:

it was developed by suzuki sport as homologation for the suzuki ignis junior world rally car , all kinds of inginious techniques and a lot of bang for your buck .. weighs almost nothing

156391_244727258993525_813581144_n.jpg

still want a real hotrod or american musscle car but here thats rare and i just cant afford to here in holland

Dang!! We never get the Cool Suzukis in the USA....

"O" Wait, We're not getting any cool Suzuki cars in America anymore. :(

Well, At least I still got my 06 Aerio SX AWD and 95 Sidekick to keep me comfie.

You sure about that Richard?hardtail? hahaha..doesn't Ridderkerk have 'straatklinkers'and 'verkeersdrempels'

the Suzuki is nice though..fun and affordable...i had a Suzbike in the past...GSX 1100rr..with Yoshimura exhausts and camshafts, Dynojetkit..had a topspeed of just over 320km/h..a 1988 model..the last of the 'no mercy for the rider' kind..no handling or brakes just 180+ hp on the rear tire

yeah that's nice..you got the colour right didn't you..

it looks a little Eurospec..but then again ...no..those wheels wouldn't catch on over here

guess it's a little 'been there ,done that' but imagine a set of BBS RM-RS on it..

i know of the m20b27 engine ,it was called the ETA engine over here 2,7 litres in capacity with 125 hp

but buckets of torque..some guys over here build them theirselves out of a b25 shortblock and diesel cranck..(correct me if i'm wrong)giving 175+hp in the end

original it was issued in the e30 325E or the e28 525E (E meaning Economic)

another popular conversion is the m30b35 engine out of a early e34/late e28 535i..but its noseheavy in an e30 ...yet unleashes horrific torque..also very thirsty ..

regarding the 4 cylinders..,well i drove all of them (sometimes back to back)..and they are not sluggish

a 318i m40 can keep up with a m20b20 if pushed..while feeling like a much lighter car at the same time

we also had the rare 318IS..m42b18..135-140 hp..which people like to call the 'baby M3'..and in a way it is..it screams about just as hard..response is great ,sometimes with 200000+km's on the clock even

if i was not to have my current e30 i would gladly like to own one..but real ones are rare ,being only produced in '89-'90..

but for now..i'll just keep mine..and do with it what comes natural..driving it ,and enjoying it (i always take the long way home)

and if asked to..scare the pants of younger and more expensive cars..maybe even drop a M52b28 in someday..now that would be fun...

Yeah the wheels was something i wanted to go in a different direction other then the BBS RS or RMs. Plus i don't have nor would ever shell out the kind of cash that people ask for them... And yes i'm awear of what the ETAs where and came in. We didn't get the M21s over here unless someone imported one. So people over here use the b27 shortblock and b25 top end. It makes pretty much the same power as the stock b25 but has a little more torque and really low compression. But it's good for boost if one would want to do that! There's also a few people who put the m30s in theirs over here. But most popular is the m5x. Then you have the rest, like V8's from BMW and GM as swaps that are catching on. We got the 318iS over here, but only for 1991. I got to ride in one. We were merging onto the interstate, I made the comment that it didn't run to bad! The guy replied, it's pretty much to the floor... I was like oh........ He just sighed and said yeah... But both the driver and I where pretty use to a car with more grunt to it. So the m42 was kind of pokey in our book.

We have a COBRA kit car for special occasions, (going to the "FROSTOP" for a burger and root beer).

cobra3_zps7f2533c7.jpg

cobra5_zps0906cafd.jpg

cobra1A_zps47efd081.jpg

The kit is from "Classic Roadsters", South Dakota. It has a 351 Winsor (400 hp??). Five speed. Ford 9 inch.

I bought it already assembled. I am actually the third owner.

Replaced the brakes with a set from "Stainless Steel Brakes".

Heres mine. Its my first, just got it a few weeks ago from ym dad. it was his old work truck. 2003 Silverado. 4.3 v6 with a 5 speed manual trans. Has 85,000 miles. I payed my father 2k for the truck and have already put another 1k in it(tires, change fluids, new brakes, fix the backup lights, and get the speedo fixed.

Pic-01112013-001_zps62c50311.jpg

DSC08036_zps42122222.jpg

DSC08035_zps6a0057b2.jpg

DSC08037_zps4961938f.jpg

Please dont mind the messy interior. Doesnt look like that, thats how i bought the truck.

Edited by nboldman

We have a COBRA kit car for special occasions, (going to the "FROSTOP" for a burger and root beer).

cobra3_zps7f2533c7.jpg

cobra5_zps0906cafd.jpg

cobra1A_zps47efd081.jpg

The kit is from "Classic Roadsters", South Dakota. It has a 351 Winsor (400 hp??). Five speed. Ford 9 inch.

Ever thought of gold LeMans stripes on that black? Someone should photoshop it. :)

I have a 2007 Mazda CX7 with 197,000 mile, the wife a 99 Continental with 206,000 mile. Now for my pride and joys, a 56 Continental MKII totally unrestored (see picture the day I got it for $5,100.00 in PA) and a 82 Porsche 928S 5spd with NOS.

Hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

Al

cobra3_zps7f2533c7.jpg

cobra5_zps0906cafd.jpg

cobra1A_zps47efd081.jpg

You're killing me David! Another car i've always wanted, but if I get one more weekend car, i'll be living in it. :blink:

Edited by Porscheman

That "rock lawn" thing is looking pretty good to me. Any day now the lawn guys here are going to start up their season... and the $$$ start flowing out of my wallet and into theirs! :lol:

Better them than me out there on Saturday mornings in July when it's 105 at 8am.. My yard guys come year round, ever other weekend.

Yea that rock yard thing with the cactus thingies doesn't look bad at all. Except for the times of year in the 100+ Range

IMG_1640-vi.jpg

I have an acre to mow here in Pennsylvania. When I bought the house I was going to buy a ride on mower, but when I heard that I could get it mowed for $35, it suddenly wasn't worth my trouble. This year there are so many lawn services battling, that a few have left notes in my mail box for $30. Better them than my Saturday!