Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969½ Road Runner A12

Bruno

Here's my build #8 of 2011; a '69 Road Runner 440 Six Pack (A12), like most of them, it has no power brakes, no power steering, full bench seat with 4 speed transmission, AM radio (who needs a radio when you have a 440 six pack under the hood anyway...) fiberglass lift-off hood, black steelies,etc...

I used the AMT '69 GTX kit, sanded off the emblems, side and wheel opening moldings, got a resin '69 RR front grill and six pack hood from Vaughn Hart, which needed some work to fit, used the seats and door interior trims from the AMT '68 RR kit, I did cut the headrests from the '69 GTX bucket seats and glued them on the '68 bench seat, the steelies come from the LRW kit, G70-15 tires from the parts box, decals are from Keith Marks (some detail decals and license plates were made by myself), Protech PE hood pins, and the paint is '69 Rallye Green. I added some wiring and hoses also. I had to tweek the suspension a bit to get the stance I wanted.

4b88f21e25.jpg

dff3158773.jpg

d51f750dcc.jpg

07c1f86baf.jpg

Thanks everyone!

Beep. Beep. I like it. What paint/color is that?

Rallye Green, a color that was introduced in mid '69. We didn't have the recipe at work to do it in waterborne basecoat, so I just custom mixed it while looking at pictures on the net. It's close, but it should be a bit darker.