Model Cars Magazine Forum

ISSUE 162

I just recieved Issue 162, and it is a Great issue with an extensive build article on the Hudson Hornet. It covers everthing from getting three different Factory coulor combos for both the exterior, and the interior correct, to detailing the Engine, Engine bay, and Chassis correct based on Hudson Repair Manuals, this will save people a lot of research time. It showcases builds from three Modeler who have been on the inside during the planning of the kit.

There iare other great articles in this issue including a Hemi Hydro Boat build by Tim Boyd. There is a build article on the Tamiya Jaguar XJ 220 by Sergey Torkhov, that includes lights.

Resin Ferrari 275P kit from Renaissance in 1/43 scale. This will build in to a very nice Roadside Model, but it takes a lot of clean up work.

This is another excellant issue!

CHEERS!

Tom

Definatly a great issue, and it arrived with only a couple minor folds on the rear cover. Major kudos for the Hudson article. Now, I hope to sell some kits to be able to afford to renew my sub.

I knew it was going to be good- three Hudson Hornets, a '55 and '56 Packard, and a Jag Xj220 on the cover- three of my favorite cars of all time. On top of that- a '78 Ford LTD in Resin Talk AND a pricey (but oh-so-cool) '73 LTD model in Collector's Showcase.

And after looking at page 32, I dug out a long-lost Sidewinder kit. :D Those were the highlights for me anyway.

Absolutely killer issue, one of the best yet. One of the advantages of the magazine is being able to see multiple images laid out in front of you, with crisp, clear reproduction, without having to scroll through a Web page.

Great recap of Hudson builds, love the article on the incredible Jaguar XJ220 that could easily be a Real or Model subject, nice guts on spotlighting the diecast Packard Caribbean, and everything else is as good as can be expected. As for the stunning 1/43 Ferrari build, I don't even know how to react - how can work that good be built at that scale (I guess Scale-Master knows)? Nice work. Got a good chuckle from the Spotlight full-page ad, considering how often they get dissed on the forum.

Edited by sjordan2

Speaking of the newest issue......

I opened the sketchpad section and had a pleasant surprise. The first example of customizing a concept car, the Chrysler Atlantic, I did back when the kit first came out! This was also my first model I ever had published too, which was a thrill then, as it is now.

Thanks for recognizing a neat idea Chrysler should have done....

Models_110014-vi.jpg

Models_110015-vi.jpg

Speaking of the newest issue......

I opened the sketchpad section and had a pleasant surprise. The first example of customizing a concept car, the Chrysler Atlantic, I did back when the kit first came out! This was also my first model I ever had published too, which was a thrill then, as it is now.

Thanks for recognizing a neat idea Chrysler should have done....

That Sketchpad gave me a sick thought or two of my own...

01370006933_643916_590877869_n-vi.jpg

01370006933_646994_526659361_n-vi.jpg

Just a good point of interest for all. I went into my local hobby/diecast collectible store two days ago to follow up on when they were going to start receiving the mag. as I put them onto the publisher to start carrying it going forward. Well, the owners wife made a call to Golden Bell while I was standing there and was told that they didn't realize that they wanted to start with the October issue (which they are now sending out) but was fully prepared to start sending them the November issue, which was going to print that day. So, it would appear that the next issue should be ready to go a short time after the October issue.

Well, I finally got mine the other day. Aside from the corners of most of the pages being bent and a little mangled, not too much damage.

This whole "damaged issue" thing is making me wonder. I mean, I get a lot of mail, magazines and stuff, and village and township newsletters, catalogs... and all sorts of other stuff very similar to a magazine... and none of them ever arrive damaged. MCM is literally the only one that arrives damaged (not every time, but often enough so that it's not just a one-time thing, but a pretty regular thing).

There has to be a logical explanation for this. :wacko: