Model Cars Magazine Forum

to many people cant load pics

ether im realy realy stupid .. i may be... or my computer has a clich in it i cant find or fix ...it wont go it does not work .. i think my computer has a wall in it or programing ie pathway problem.. i need a work around..lookes like 8% or 10% members out there may have the same problem

Edited by mr cheap

There is a tutorial for using Photobucket to host your images right here on the forum on the Tips section:

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12248

The attachment feature of the forum is great for uploading one pic per post, but it's a lot easier to use a photohosting 'site like Photobucket, at which you can edit and modify your images before you add the image link to the body of your post here.

Get a Photobucket account. It's free. Load your photos into your Photobucket album. (It's incredibly easy... just follow the directions).

Once you have your photos sitting in a Photobucket album, posting a photo here is easy. Open your Photobucket album, and copy the "IMG Code" info, then paste that info here into your post.

photobucket.jpg

You don't even have to copy the IMG code... all you have to do is hover your mouse over it and click, it will copy automatically. It doesn't get much easier than that! Once you paste the IMG code into your post here, the photo will show in your post:

pocher.jpg

2 or 3 errors the 1 i see most is failed to load

Where do they fail to load to? Let's start at the beginning. You are able to get the pictures from your camera onto your computer, correct?

If so, what kind of computer are you using and what operating system? (ie.. PC or Mac? Windows XP, Windows 7 or Mac OS?)

The tutorial that Clay put together is pretty thorough and I highly recommend Photobucket, but if you guys are still having problems, I think the best thing to do is work together in this thread so anyone else having trouble can see it and get help as well.

Edit: If you ARE able to get your pics onto photobucket, check out what Harry posted just before me. ^^^

All you have to do is click inside of the "IMG code" box and it will say "copied". Once that is done, Paste it where you want it to appear in your post.

Edited by Wayne Buck

I use Fotki mainly, but I do use Photobucket when Fotki is ill. :D Here's a pic from Photobucket.................

PA127608.jpg

However, I have to open up the pic to full size, and then copy and paste the image location to get it to show here with the HTML setup this board now has. ;)

Harry, at least on my setup (PC and Laptop) I have to click on the image code to get it to copy. Perhaps Macs are a bit different than Windows based OS's? :P

Edited by MrObsessive

What Harry says. Hope his post helps. But never doubt a computers ability to frustrate! If you continue to have issues ie: computer issues, find a computer tech. My computer crashed several times, so the tech (eventually) wiped it clean, and reloaded everything. Plus, I loaded Spybot. Paid for full version, not the freebie one w/ less features (did that the first time. Didn't work) Now my comp runs sweet. Every week I run Spybot "Immunize".

Edit: Also agree w/ Bill! That is how I post.

Edited by Jon Cole

Harry, at least on my setup (PC and Laptop) I have to click on the image code to get it to copy. Perhaps Macs are a bit different than Windows based OS's? :P

Yes, you have to click on it, and it will copy. You don't have to highlight the text and then do "Caommand, V"... just clicking on it will automatically copy it.

I might add a couple of things I learned when I first started using Photobucket:

• Always paste your IMG code on a separate line from any other content.

• When you paste the IMG code into the box where you're composing your post, you will only see the code. You won't see the image until you after you hit the Post button.

I might add a couple of things I learned when I first started using Photobucket:

• Always paste your IMG code on a separate line from any other content.

• When you paste the IMG code into the box where you're composing your post, you will only see the code. You won't see the image until you after you hit the Post button.

And, if it doesn't work when you post, you can use the "Edit" button to fix it.

Ahhhh.....that explains it! I had to open up the pic to full size, and then copy and paste the image location (after right clicking) in the image box........and then the pic showed up while I was composing my response.

Thanks for the tip Skip! :)

And, if it doesn't work when you post, you can use the "Edit" button to fix it.

Agreed.

In fact that is the best thing you could do IMHO. If the pictures don't show up and we see lines of code that are messed up, one of us will probably be able to spot where the trouble is.

Just start trying to post pics right in this thread.

Just another note that begs information from one of our moderators.

• You really don't need to worry about image file sizes for things you place in the body of your post that you copy and paste from a service like Photobucket. If necessary, forum software automatically reduces it to fit in the post and clicking on the image will bring it up full size.

HOWEVER

• Your avatar (upload only from your computer to your member profile), signature image (upload from Photobucket, etc, to your member profile) and Members Gallery images (upload only from your computer to an album you create in the gallery - it works very much like Photobucket) all have file size restrictions. I had to guess at resizing my avatar dog (28K) and signature image (recommended size?), and the Members Gallery states a maximum file size of 365K.

Edited by sjordan2

Failed to Load Image , thats the error I get when I try to change my avatar pic. Thats ok though...It's Christmas, and my Grinch works fine :)

I also have had lots of problems like that which eventually worked out after trying over and over, and I think a moderator or tech guy needs to get more information from you.

I have a Fotki account and it's never let me down.

Doug, that could easily be a great Model or Real Car?

Virg, Check my avatar. I'm even further along than it shows. I foresee a full series of a gm A bodies in the near future. I have taken photos during the process and will do a w.i.p. sometime in the furure. That's a 1935 Lasalle rumble seat coupe.

Edited by my66s55