Model Cars Magazine Forum

60 Bel Air

Mike

This one was a project for a friend of mine. It's a gift for his father-in-law this Christmas. I was shown four pictures of a graffiti and toilet paper covered car post-wedding, and told it had gray interior. Through many hours of research and some help from the 60impala.com site, I was able to produce an approximation of the interior and convert it to the Bel Air trim from the Impala. I also re-worked the tail light section.

DSC03861.jpg

DSC03864.jpg

DSC03867.jpg

I had to do a double take as I thought at first this was an Impala with incorrect trim! Fantastic job in converting this to a Bel Air! The red paint is mind blowing!

Yeah, these were not too numerous back when they were new.........I don't remember seeing many if any of these as a kid. I always saw the glitzier Impala in hardtop form.

I had to do a double take as I thought at first this was an Impala with incorrect trim! Fantastic job in converting this to a Bel Air! The red paint is mind blowing!

Yeah, these were not too numerous back when they were new.........I don't remember seeing many if any of these as a kid. I always saw the glitzier Impala in hardtop form.

I agree in all words!

You did an excellent job on replicating this very rare car! My cousin had a green real car, 283 V8 and Powerglide. It was the first and only Bel Air hardtop I have seen, and this was back in the early to mid '70's. That is a great car and modeling subject!

• 2 weeks later...