Model Cars Magazine Forum

1-8 scale 69 camaro pro mod (mike hill's car)

comp1839

That engine is a piece of art Dave, I actually seen pictures of the engine before posted here last week, That is the best looking weld I have ever seen, I asked Dave about it also, Dave said he is sworn not to indulge the way it is done. bummer for us , but I respect that.

That engine is a piece of art Dave, I actually seen pictures of the engine before posted here last week, That is the best looking weld I have ever seen, I asked Dave about it also, Dave said he is sworn not to indulge the way it is done. bummer for us , but I respect that.

Hum.... that is a bummer! I know Clay was saying he was going to do something with detailing welds as well. Sounds like the two of them are creating a conspiracy in the modeling community! LOL :D

I did a quick Google Search and look what I came up with...

http://www.bigscalemodels.com/tips/tipsfiles/scaleweld.pdf

Edited by eviltwincustoms

Why the secret? I have no problem sharing my tips (the few of which I have). Can't see what harm would come of making everyone a better modeler :wacko:

Still, fair enough I suppose if that's his decision. Great work on this Dave I'm really enjoying it :)

The engine and transmission are looking great, as always! This is absolutely incredible build. It's hard to realize, how big it really is so would it be possible to get one picture of that engine with somekind of "normal" thing we use often, like Matchbox?