Model Cars Magazine Forum

What magazines do you get?

I know it's old school to hold paper in your hands to look at pictures, but I like it anyway. I subscribe to Model Cars (of course) as well as Scale Auto. I also get 'Classic Trucks' because I'm working on a 1:1 '67 Chevy short step in my garage, and 'Rod & Custom' for inspiration for both models and the truck.

What do you subscribe to (or buy on the newstand)?

I also have been getting Hemmings Classic Car and Muscle Machine since day one. My renewals that I did in June and November are digital though. I get an email and a link when a new issue come out, download it as a pdf and read it at my leisure. No more piles of mags. Can't beat the price-$7.00 a year. I mcm would go digital, I'd buy it.

I also have been getting Hemmings Classic Car and Muscle Machine since day one. My renewals that I did in June and November are digital though. I get an email and a link when a new issue come out, download it as a pdf and read it at my leisure. No more piles of mags. Can't beat the price-$7.00 a year. I mcm would go digital, I'd buy it.

Hmmm, interesting. I didn't know they offered a digital version.

- Collectible Automobile. And I have each and every issue of it, plus all the specials.

- Auto Mobilia. A French magazine, pretty much along the lines of Collectible Automobile, but with an emphasis on classic French cars.

- Charge Utile. Made by the same editors as Auto Mobilia, but with an emphasis on classic French lorries.

American cars and French cars are my main field of interest, automotive-wise.

Reading those magazines for almost 30 years certainly did help to hone my language skills in English and French. I would say, this is living proof that your hobbies can pay off in your professional life, I held numerous positions merely because of my language skills. Unfortunately reading doesn't do anything for the pronounciation, hence I still speak both languages with a very heavy German accent, for which I apologize.

Model Cars, Scale Auto, Amazing Figure Modeler, Military Miniatures in Review, Fine Scale Modeler, the occasional 1:1 mags...Hot Rod, Street Rodder, Rod & Custom, etc...oh yeah, once in awhile, specialty mags/books like the Ken Hamilton diorama book

Edited by Sixx